70-621

dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Booked for July 2nd. Am reading the All-In-One book, watching the CBT nuggets and taking the Transcender tests. Only thing I'm concerned about is the simulations as the Transcender test and the cd that came with the book don't include any practice simulations. How long did it take people studying for this exam to feel they were comfortably prepared?

Comments

• katakatakkatakatak Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well to be honest, I felt prepared after about a month of fooling around with Vista. I don't know if talking about whether or not the test has simulations, breaks any type of agreement, but if it doesn't, let me know and I'll give you some insight. You really should do fine if you just go through some things that were mentioned in the CBT Nuggets videos, and pay attention to the questions/answers of the Transcender questions.
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your test date I'm getting around to feeling pretty confident with vista myself. I've been using it for everyday use then watching the CBT Nuggets video which seems to be pretty good and then doing practice tests to re-enforce the questions.

So again I wish you luck, I'm just hoping all this stuff leads to a job lol.
  • jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Dan
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things and should be well prepared. Dont worry, if you do get sims, they wont be very taxing. Your MCDST knowledge will serve you well on the day!
    I see from other people's responses that you can talk about whether or not there are sims in a exam, so relax, there are no sims in this exam.
  • GreenNightGreenNight Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah we're allowed to discuss what's type of questions are on the exams, just not verbatim questions.
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I'm two thirds through the all-in-one book, and half way through the CBT nugget videos, 11 days till the exam. Might just pull it off, ideally would like an additional two weeks, but am going on holiday so need to get it done or I will forget the material.
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed this today, to me it seemed easier than the MCDST thou I did more revision for the 70-621.
    Good job man! I told it you it was going to be easier. I struggled with the first test from the MCDST as well, but to me this has been the easiest M$ test I have taken.
  • jay754jay754 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dancreaney wrote: »
    Passed this today, to me it seemed easier than the MCDST thou I did more revision for the 70-621.

Congrats ! Well done Dan. Did you get any sims? Take it you found them ok. Whats next? Some time out to enjoy the UK heatwave? icon_wink.gif
  • bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

How do you feel the Transcender questions were in compared to the actual exam? Are they representative of the material covered? In my experience, the Transcender has "over-prepared" me for the exams.
    'Gratz on the pass! yes I'd like to know about the transcender questions as I'm pondering to drop the $99 for the disc. I've downloaded the demo but the questions seems way over the top lol.

Again congratulations on passing.
    wweboy wrote: »
    'Gratz on the pass! yes I'd like to know about the transcender questions as I'm pondering to drop the $99 for the disc. I've downloaded the demo but the questions seems way over the top lol.

Again congratulations on passing.

Use this link in for 10% off:

Transcender Exam Preparation Software

$10 or so off never hurts.
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As a server and network guy, I hated 070-620. Worst score I have ever gotten on a test (passed though). And... enough so I don't think I am going to bother taking 621. I was originally planning to, but it was more for the fun of saying "I have three MCITPs!" Maybe I will take something easier... like Exchange:)
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    As a server and network guy, I hated 070-620. Worst score I have ever gotten on a test (passed though). And... enough so I don't think I am going to bother taking 621. I was originally planning to, but it was more for the fun of saying "I have three MCITPs!" Maybe I will take something easier... like Exchange:)

You should have just taken the 70-621...it counts as the 70-620 for any requirements.
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bobbaft wrote: »
    You should have just taken the 70-621...it counts as the 70-620 for any requirements.

Yeah...
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • bschwartzbschwartz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am taking the 70-621 exam on July 17 and I have been using Transcender's and Measureup to study from. Is there any other sites that I can study from, if anyone can let me know that would be great.
    Future WIP 70-621, MCAS
    naw man Transcender is the best of the best. Heck I've found questions that are practiclly identical on the real test that's how good they are.