Options

Taking CCND1 Thursday

napolean420napolean420 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I feel really prepared

cisco academy
online free tests techexams, mcmcse
packet tracer
practice practice practice

just wanted to thank this site and everybody for helpful information. ill try to post everything i can about the test and what to expect (except answers :)

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Welcome to the forums! Just remember to watch your time.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Remember your time management on the exam -- spend no more than 10 minutes on a SIM.

Check out the Cisco Exam Tutorial on the Cisco website -- then you can use that pre-exam time to either jot down some notes or get to the exam that much sooner. Same with the Cisco NDA -- read it now so that you can use that pre-exam time for something else.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Goodluck, and try to be cool as possible! As captobvious and Mike said, watch ur time and forget that u r on an exam while putting in mind that u have to do this thing pretty fast! By the way, dont forget to shave ur beard, coz Cisco requires that u take a picture before ur exam icon_tongue.gif, don't do like me, I went to the center and didn't shave for almost 7 days due to too much studying and no time, I was looking like a thief in the pic crash.gif.
  • Options
    passed with an 860! i had 30 min left when I finished lol. thanks mikej412 for the info on the cisco website. you would think after taking the net academy the instructor would tell us about all the info there.

hearing all the stories about peeps failing made me kinda nervous and when i was done i realized it wasnt that hard, as long as you know your stuff. i feel much better about taking ccnd2.

if i were to take it again.. i wonder if it would have questions on how switches deal with traffic. what will be added to mac table, what will be broadcasted, etc. some frame-relay. know your show commands. know dns and dhcp . NAT, securing telnet and con lines, best security practices, basic switch and router config, subnetting ( i recommend writing down your CIDR, increments, and mask when you first sit down, that way you can just glance at the chart for subnetting questions).

i took the practice exams here (about 80 questions), on mcmcse website (190) questions, and cisco (200 questions), printed them out and had my wife quiz me at night. makes it easier than starring at the computer and taking them over and over. i was surprised how many questions i knew the answer to without even looking at the multiple choice.

well im done rambling. thanks for the help and ccnd2 here i come

justin
  • Options
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    when i was done i realized it wasnt that hard, as long as you know your stuff. i feel much better about taking ccnd2.
    Um.... I guess we should tell you now -- you'll need to learn and know a bunch more stuff for the ICND2 exam icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Um.... I guess we should tell you now -- you'll need to learn and know a bunch more stuff for the ICND2 exam icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    +1

Add remember all the stuff you just learned in ICND1! icon_lol.gif

Oh and btw, you did read the NDA before the test, right? icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    you did read the NDA before the test, right?
    Ah...
    i got alot of questions on
    Yeah -- you can't say what you saw on the exam icon_eek.gif

But you mentioned some pretty obvious stuff that anyone who read a Cisco CCNA book should suspect could be exam fodder..... which is why I didn't moderate it -- but you should edit that "offending quote."
  • Options
    skimmed thru the NDA. doh

i guess they bait you in with the ccnd1. i was more worried about the test format, not the material. im so sick i actually have had dreams where i answer exam questions.
  • Options
    it may be in other forums.. but what makes theccnd2 so much harder? more sims? or just more in depth?
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    For future reference, the course/exam title is _I_CND1 and _I_CND2 and NOT "CCND1." :) Ok, as you were. :)
  • Options
    well now i just feel stupid. im destine to fail icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    or just more in depth?
    The material in ICND2 builds on the stuff you learned in ICND1. Some of the easy trivia from ICND1 will get applied to topics and tasks in ICND2 -- so if you learned it in ICND1, then ICND2 may actually seem easier. If you just memorized the trivia from ICND1, then you may get confused in ICND2 when you need to apply what you should have learned (rather then just memorized).

In ICND2 you're going deeper into the topics and doing more with what you learned from ICND1 and should be learning in ICND2.

Anything you were weak on in ICND1 will either have to be learned for ICND2 -- or it haunt you in your dreams (and on the exam). And if you don't step up your study for ICND2 topics -- those will haunt your dreams (and the exam too).

The ICND1 exam has a lot more stuff you can practice hands on when compared to the old INTRO exam. And yet they somehow managed to find even more stuff that should be practiced hands on to stuff into the ICND2 exam -- more than what was in the old ICND exam.

But just like any Cisco exam -- the more time and honest effort you put into studying and lab work, the easier the exam becomes.
  • Options
    thanks again for your help. im gonna schedule for mid july and study till then.