Options

Terminating a PRI on a 2600?

mzinzmzinz Member Posts: 328
I have a 2621XM and a 2650XM. If possible, I would like to use the 2621XM, although Im not sure if it could handle it (64RAM/16Flash).

I have an AIM module that I could put in either. Do either of these support PRI termination? The 2650XM is fully loaded.
_______LAB________
2x 2950
2x 3550
2x 2650XM
2x 3640
1x 2801

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They both support it – you would need to use something like and AIM-VOICE-30 AND a flex T1 card (like the VWIC-1MFT). Check the IOS version requirements for the AIM and VWIC on the cisco site and make sure that you have enough flash/ram first. Not sure of the minimum IOS requirements off of the top of my head.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    They both support it – you would need to use something like and AIM-VOICE-30 AND a flex T1 card (like the VWIC-1MFT). Check the IOS version requirements for the AIM and VWIC on the cisco site and make sure that you have enough flash/ram first. Not sure of the minimum IOS requirements off of the top of my head.

Thank you for the reply!

I guess I'm not sure which AIM module we currently have. A user on the Cisco forums had told me last night that the AIM module would not support this, and that I needed a NM-HDV module, instead (Cisco NetPro Forum - Unified Communications and Video - Video over IP - Terminating a PRI on 2621XM or 2650XM?).

Does it just depend on the AIM module?

By a Flex T1 WIC, I assume that means one that can support data/voice/or both?
    _______LAB________
    2x 2950
    2x 3550
    2x 2650XM
    2x 3640
    1x 2801
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    AIM-ATM, AIM-VOICE-30, and AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 on the Cisco 2600 Series, Cisco 3660, and Cisco 3700 Series - Cisco Systems

This table should give you an idea of what you can do (Digital Voice at the bottom) with which AIM and various interfaces.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mzinz wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply!

I guess I'm not sure which AIM module we currently have. A user on the Cisco forums had told me last night that the AIM module would not support this, and that I needed a NM-HDV module, instead (Cisco NetPro Forum - Unified Communications and Video - Video over IP - Terminating a PRI on 2621XM or 2650XM?).

Does it just depend on the AIM module?

By a Flex T1 WIC, I assume that means one that can support data/voice/or both?

Correct, non-CSU/DSU models which can do channelized T1/PRI like the VWIC-1MFT-T1 or VWIC-1MFT-E1.

Check this out:

Digital Voice Telephony
    The Multi-Flex Trunk can be used as a Telephony interface for packet voice services when combined with other hardware which can make it voice-capable. Such hardware includes the NM-HDV, NM-HDV2, NM-HD-2VE, AIM-VOICE-30, AIM-ATM-VOICE-30, and certain voice routers with on-board voice DSPs. When the Multi-Flex Trunk is used as a Telephony interface to terminate voice traffic, each DS0 can contain one voice call. The T1 signaling capability (T1 CAS, ISDN PRI) is determined by the accompanying voice network module (if any) and particular multiservice gateway, not the Multi-Flex Trunk itself.
  • Options
    Perfect - I can't thank you enough :)

I assume any ipvoice IOS should do the trick?
    _______LAB________
    2x 2950
    2x 3550
    2x 2650XM
    2x 3640
    1x 2801
  • Options
    mzinz wrote: »
    Perfect - I can't thank you enough :)

I assume any ipvoice IOS should do the trick?

yes, ipvoice will work for sure. Check the feature navigator on cisco.com - you have a bunch of options.