Passed! :o)

AlzerAlzer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well this is my first post and I thought I'd start with some good news. Passed today with a 794... not the highest score but I've learned some lessons about how to study... I really only went through lots of practise questions, including the ones on here, and anything I got wrong I just read a bit about and did more test questions.

For the 70-290 I will be getting a sybex study book (or similar) and read it cover to cover and actually carry out the labs, even though this test may overlap the 70-270. I struggled with this test as I basically had to rely on educated guesses on some questions.

This site was very helpful so thanks to all icon_cool.gif

Comments

• ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    What's next? 290,291?
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • thuggthugg Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, i know you're going to do the same with 270-290.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Congrads on the pass.

What type of resources did you use to study with? I have checked out the study guides in this thread and they are excellent.

Also how long did you study for (1 to 3 to 6 months)?

The reason I ask, is I'm looking at this one for the next cert and trying to gage my options.

thanks
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • AlzerAlzer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Congrads on the pass.

What type of resources did you use to study with? I have checked out the study guides in this thread and they are excellent.

Also how long did you study for (1 to 3 to 6 months)?

The reason I ask, is I'm looking at this one for the next cert and trying to gage my options.

thanks

Cheers All :D and yep 70-290 will be next!

I downloaded a few exam questions from various sites... a very good one was called test inside . com - Some of the questions on there I actually had in the exam - word for word! Don't rely on memersing the answers though, you need to understand them. Also used a sybex E-book, for reference to read on bits i didn't understand fully and even a PDF with questions I bought off e-bay! Anything I could get my hands on really.

I guess it's taken me 2 months but it all depends how much quality time you put in to it.