Options

On the go

Danny0990Danny0990 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

i dont know any networkers and posting on any forums is really frustrating and nerve wrecking when you have a question that needs answering. i dont have any right now, but i was thinking about it during my study break and dont want to hit a brick wall with my exam being 3 days away.

would anyone mind pm'ing or posting their MSN address?
i'd be pleased as punch

-Dan

Comments

• Options
    giterrellgiterrell Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That seems like an odd thing to say since you posted in a forum to tell us that.......

The people on this site are really good about responding.
  • Options
    giterrell wrote: »
    That seems like an odd thing to say since you posted in a forum to tell us that.......

The people on this site are really good about responding.

im looking for on the spot help if i have a question or having trouble with something, as opposed to sitting in front of the monitor constantly refreshing the page for an answer, i get edgy like that icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Danny0990 wrote: »
    im looking for on the spot help if i have a question or having trouble with something, as opposed to sitting in front of the monitor constantly refreshing the page for an answer, i get edgy like that icon_cry.gif

If you ask a question then who ever is online at the time will try and answer it. But you may have to wait an hour or two as I know my boss growls at me for having the forum open at work icon_sad.gif

But good things come to those who wait and we have a great set of guys here, right up to CCIE level, all (well most) with a great sense of humour.

Welcome to the forum.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    giterrellgiterrell Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    blackninja wrote: »
    If you ask a question then who ever is online at the time will try and answer it. But you may have to wait an hour or two as I know my boss growls at me for having the forum open at work icon_sad.gif

But good things come to those who wait and we have a great set of guys here, right up to CCIE level, all (well most) with a great sense of humour.

Welcome to the forum.

well said. there is also a search feature where most of the answers to your questions can be found while you're waiting.
  • Options
    appreciate the welcome, folks

exam is tomorrow, i'd like to know how many questions they give and how much time i have, anyone know?
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    exam is tomorrow, i'd like to know how many questions they give and how much time i have, anyone know?

assuming your doing the single exam :-
    http://tinyurl.com/b8vgf7
    75 minutes (45-55 questions)

else :-
    http://tinyurl.com/lyp87c
    90 minutes (40-50 questions)
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    much obliged, doggy

couple questions, with vLans, how would you go about with assigning VTP domains?

2nd, what is the difference between switchport mode access and switchport mode trunk?
  • Options
    anyone have a **** sheet for a routers configuration register values or a good way of remembering them?

i can never grasp it

please and thanks!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    couple questions, with vLans, how would you go about with assigning VTP domains?

2nd, what is the difference between switchport mode access and switchport mode trunk?

What have you been using to study?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    anyone have a **** sheet for a routers configuration register values or a good way of remembering them?

i can never grasp it

please and thanks!
    Use of the Configuration Register on All Cisco Routers - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    What have you been using to study?

Boson, why?

thanks for the link
  • Options
    Boson, why?
    What books did you read? Odom? Todd's Sybex book?

The questions you are asking are basic and should have been covered in any reasonable CCNA book.

And hands on practice with real hardware (or even a simulator) to do a password recovery lab would teach you the couple register values you need to know.

If you seriously don't know how to configure VTP or the difference between an access port and a trunk port -- and your exam is tomorrow?!?! -- you may want to consider putting off your exam until you do.
  • Options
    yeah, i know what you're saying

im pretty solid in routing protocols, WAN, CLI

i was weak in LAN, though

but i've balanced the scale, just have a few things im unsure of

author of book is Richard Deal
  • Options
    well, since getting my CCNA i haven't been able to decide which CCNA specialization i want to nail first

any suggestions? what's on demand?
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well, since getting my CCNA i haven't been able to decide which CCNA specialization i want to nail first

any suggestions? what's on demand?

That depends on what peaks your interest and what jobs are available in your area. Try a job search to see what employers are looking for in your city.
  • Options
    since getting my CCNA
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    what's on demand?

The CCNA:Voice may open some doors -- you could be the guy running out to branch offices installing the UC520s for a Cisco Business Partner. You might even get to configure them once you show that you "know your stuff." The lab cost is going to be higher than CCNA:Security.

The CCNA:Wireless is another one that could open some doors -- but unless you actually spend $$$$$ (<-- big bucks) on a lab you probably won't have the hands on skills to be useful to a Business Partner (unless there is a partner specialization that requires a CCNA:Wireless Certified employee).

The CCNA:Security is probably the easiest (and cheapest to "lab up") of the CCNA Specializations. While the CCNA:Security may not open that many doors by itself, Security is a good skill to have and a good buzzword for your resume. Plus you could probably knock it out while you figure out and build a lab for one (or both) of the other 2 CCNA Specializations.
  • Options
    any personal recommendations on books for VoIP?