Options

Is it just me or is Prometric the slowest website on the internet?

SystoSysto Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
On average it is taking me about 2 minutes (I'm NOT exaggerating) to load a single web page. This is quickly becoming annoying, especially when you factor in that every test center that's close to me is apparently closed down/not open on the days I want to take my exam. So that means I wait 4-6 minutes to get back through the prompts to wait another 2 minutes for the list of testing centers to open to wait an additional 2 minutes to see the calendar. 10 minutes trying to accomplish something so simple is ridiculous.
This last page I'm trying to load has taken 4 minutes now to load and hasn't timed out.

Is anyone else experiencing this inexcusable slowness?
And before anyone rags on my internet connection being the problem, while the web page is loading I can access any other website in a second and ran a speed test that pegged 25MB/s. I don't think I'm the problem.

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been checking my candidate history almost daily as I await my Windows 7 beta exam results. I haven't experiences anything of the like with slowness. The probably probably lies somewhere along the path your ISP is taking to reach their website.

You gave me a brilliant idea though, I think it's time somebody creates a website along with Apache bandwidth throttling (maybe mod_bandwidth and mod_limitipconn) to create what could be the worlds slowest website ever.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    prometric does have a pretty sucky website. I don't think they've recovered from the Windows 7 beta sign up debacle! ;)

But seriously...I've been having issues with their site lately, so it's not just you. I was researching some different exams two weekends ago and tried to log onto prometric to check on the exam availability & pricing, and it kept giving me errors stating that their server was having issues or something to that effect. And this went on for most of the weekend. Grr.

I'm hoping the slowdown and issues are due to a systems upgrade, so maybe the performance will get better in the near future. (Hey, a girl can hope and dream...)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    unandigunandig Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes it is slow, but they did have a crash today.
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    thats funny i was thinking THIS website had that record.

Pages will load but the thread data wont load from the DB for like another 15 seconds.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Jordus wrote: »

Pages will load but the thread data wont load from the DB for like another 15 seconds.
    The site occasionally has some issues but normally its fine for me.
  • Options
    SystoSysto Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, finally. I managed to get through that process in about 7 minutes total. Damn shame the closest centers are closed. I did however schedule an exam at a "close" place in a different time zone. The site goes by the testing centers local time and doesn't adjust for your computers does it?
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

That's funny, I was thinking THIS website works just fine for me

Prometric is notoriously bad It looks like you caught them on a bad day.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

Sounds like you got put in your own "special" queue icon_lol.gif

I also very rarely experience problems.
  • Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah slow as anything for me.
    Also think the design of the website and features offered suck I remember trying to find a place to take my CCNA was a pain in the Back-Side some form of on the fly filter system would be a great improvement.
  • Options
    SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it's pretty bad -- and some areas of the site are worse than others.
  • Options
    KujoKujo Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It literally took me hours yesterday to book an exam. A complete nightmare. icon_sad.gif

I had no problems with the site last week. I'm thinking maybe there is heavier traffic due to MS' 2nd chance offer expiring June 30th.
  • Options
    puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    june 17, afternoon, is slwoooly!
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well, I can't even login! It's saying my user ID isn't correct. icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, it's slow! Took me a half an hour to set the date for my Server+ beta test.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□

I was thinking the same thing, this week has been awful at times, though this morning it's very quick.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    blargoe wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, this week has been awful at times, though this morning it's very quick.

I have noticed that this site has been pretty slow this week also. Its always been fast in the past though. Seems back to normal this morning for me as well.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Wow, you guys weren't kidding. I finally just gave up and called in. There was an automated message saying they were experiencing technical difficulties and to call back in a couple of hours. I stayed on the line anyway and they were able to register an exam for me quickly.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch with Prometric or with CompTIA, but when I try to reschedule my Server+ Beta exam to another day (want to try to move it from the 24th to the 29th), it gives me a screen that says "Retake Policy Notification." and has a BACK button, and that's it. Nice!! ACK! I should legitimately be able to push this off a couple days, but the site doesn't seem to be cooperating, and if I don't reschedule soon, I'm locked into my appointment on the 24th. Sigh. I've emailed customer support, let's see if I get a response...maybe the oopsie email from CompTIA earlier has mucked things up??
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    I'd give them a call first thing in the morning. I've had better luck talking with them lately than going through the website.