Options

Cisco Unity Voicemails through email

cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
Hello All

We are currently using Cisco UCM ver 6.1.1.3104-1 and Unity ver something or other (installed around 12 months ago). I would like to setup some test users to receive voicemails through email, but I can't find any documentation on Cisco for doing such. I know it exists, I just seem to not be using the correct search terms for it. Any help?

Thanks!

John

edit-sloppy posting. Please let me know if there is any additional information needed. This system was kind of dropped on us by the consultants, and we are very much feeling our way out here. Thanks again!

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This link should cover most Unity Versions and IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange email systems.... Cisco Unity Maintain and Operate Guides - Cisco Systems
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    This link should cover most Unity Versions and IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange email systems.... Cisco Unity Maintain and Operate Guides - Cisco Systems

Great! Thanks for this. I figured out that what I was looking for is under "Message Actions". I can now configure Unity to relay the message as a .wav attachment, which is exactly what I want. For the icing though, is there any way to get the message delivered to the voice mailbox as well as sent as an email attachment? I am probably missing something pretty obvious. Thanks very much for you help.

John

• Options
    cnfuzzd wrote: »
    Great! Thanks for this. I figured out that what I was looking for is under "Message Actions". I can now configure Unity to relay the message as a .wav attachment, which is exactly what I want. For the icing though, is there any way to get the message delivered to the voice mailbox as well as sent as an email attachment? I am probably missing something pretty obvious. Thanks very much for you help.

John

Hmm, nm. After further search, it appears what I want is the "accept and relay" function, which is in version 7.1. We are using 7.0. How much of a bear is it to upgrade?

Thanks again!

John