Options

Passed ICND2.. I am a CCNA now.. Yay!!

adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I passed my ICND2 exam today with a 945.. and I am ecstatic..

I did not post before going to the exam as I was in panic mode as always ...haha..
I have to celebrate big time now.. =)

okay.. and I am confused for the next exam.. I wanted to do CCNA security before I started.. but I recently read that Security is all about configuring security through SDM..
What about voice guys? Which ones do you suggest?

Thanks all for the help & answers to my silly questions... cudnt have done it without your help!

Keep rocking!
Wish List :
CISSP...

Comments

• Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Major congrats.

What material did you use to study?

Drew
  • Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Congrats on the pass.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • Options
    drew2000 wrote: »
    Major congrats.

What material did you use to study?

Drew

Thanks! I used Cisco Press book for ICND2, CBT Nuggets by Jeremy for ICND2 & TrainSignal by Chris Bryant.. I did not have any labs.. so I used Packet Tracer for all simulations...

I did like Trainsignal videos as much as the nuggets for icnd 2 exam.. Didn't like trainsignal as much for ICND1....
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Congrats on a CCNA -- I'm sure your excited -- I would be!! :)
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

as to where next.... choose what interests you more icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job. Do you think it would have been easier to just take the 640-802, or was it easier to focus on one test at a time? How much time did you spend preparing for each test?
    Jedi never stop training......
  • Options
    djmaya wrote: »
    Good job. Do you think it would have been easier to just take the 640-802, or was it easier to focus on one test at a time? How much time did you spend preparing for each test?

Thanks.. I personally think it depends on you and varies from person to person on their ability to do stuff.. time they can devote..

I chose the two exam path cuz I like to divide material and study in pieces.. it helps me understand them better..
    I started studying in March.. gave ICND1 after 2 months.. and 2 after a month..
    but I studied no less than 4 hours each day.. in fact, weekends I was studying all day on Saturdays and Sundays.. and it worked for me..

Good luck for your exam!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Well done! icon_cheers.gif

I knew you'd make it. ;)

I'm studying Security now and let me tell you it's sleeping.gif Most of the information seems like an advertisement for Cisco Security appliances.

I wanted to do voice but I don't have the money to put together a good lab yet. icon_cry.gif

As far as suggesting, you need to go the way you expect your career will go.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your Celebrations!! drunken_smilie.gif

I'd probably suggest CCNA:Security next since it only would require a couple of routers (and/or Dynamips with Dynagen or GNS3).

The lab requirements for CCNA:Voice are a little bit more involved.... so you could start building up the home voice lab while working on CCNA:Security :D

But you may want to consider which one would help you more in your current work situation.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Mike n Cap
    ya you both are right.. I got two 1710 routers yesterday.. (free ones from friend)..
    and I was looking at IINS syllabus.. it looks like I will be able to relate to it more at this point than voice.. So I think its Security for now.. later on when i get a job with more money ;) I will get to big labs..
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    and you know guys.. I am glad I could save my COMEBACK2009 offer for the big exam.. :D its getting over on July 22 (I think) so I have some time.. :D
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!

I hope to be where you are at someday.
  • Options
    nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for ICND2 from trainsignal 2 I watched first and I liked it and I passed. Do you think there is a need for me to watch CBT nuggets ICND2, I do have them but I don't really have time in hand because I am preparing for a vacantion etc etc..

Is there any more materiel in CBT nuggets not covered in traignsignal ?

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, CCNA was the most rewarding cert for me so far.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore