Options

Whoops - SDM Study for CCENT

nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Argh!

Just re-read the ICND1 exam blueprint and realised that I've not studied much about configuring the SDM. I've watched the CBT Nuggets video for configuring the SDM, but I've not actually simulated it at home to poke around with.

Exam is tomorrow at 1000

I'm panicking now - did you guys get a simulation with SDM on the exam or is it perhaps multiple choice or testlet based questions?

Gulp icon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NDR stops people from telling what exactly what was in there test but as you say is in the BluePrint so is fair game for the exam!
    it is not hard thing to setup so ether give it a go or just watch the CBT through again then type the commands into notepad not as good as a router just get a feel for what needs to be done

Good luck

J
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    My best advice is to download SDM emulator from cisco and give it a try on ur pc, so wether u got SDM on the exam or not, all cases, ur well prepared.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    If you don't have the time or resources to play with SDM before your exam, then I would suggest watching/reading about it one more time.

Honestly though, it's a GUI, and it's pretty intuitive. I would wager that if you can configure through CLI, then you could probably find your way around SDM without having ever looked at it before.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Honestly though, it's a GUI, and it's pretty intuitive. I would wager that if you can configure through CLI, then you could probably find your way around SDM without having ever looked at it before.

Exactly icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Exam tomorrow and really dont feel ready for it icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's a link in the CCNA FAQ for the SDM Demo..... that's probably better than nothing.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks mike - I'll give that a shot!