Options

Terminal Serv's / RDC confusion

NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm confused by the question. Not sure if it's worded badly, whether I'm unaware of the correct wording myself or if I've just missed some important info:

"You are the admin of a single AD domain. The domain consists of 3 DC's - DC1, DC2, DC3.

You've been asked to enable the Remote Desktop Connection for 6 users. After enabling the Remote Desktop Connection for each user, no users are able to connect.

What should you do? (choose 3, each selection is part of the solution).

1. Modify the terminal services group policies to allow remote desktop connections.
2. Modify the terminal services connections to allow remote desktop connections.
3. Modify the group properties to allow remote desktop connections.
4. Modify the user object properties to allow remote desktop connections."

Firstly, when they say you've enabled the RDC for each user, what are they saying you've done exactly?

As far as I was concerned, after reading the material, to enable remote desktop you must enable remote desktop for the host machine (on the Remote tab of the System applet), make sure the relevant users are in the remote desktop users group and give that group the Allow Logon Through Terminal Services right. Is that correct?

I'm not sure what they mean by modifying the TS group policies. Do they mean the giving the RD users group the right to TS logon?

How would I modify the TS connections to allow RD connections?

What exactly do they mean in 3.?

I assume 4 is making sure that the "Deny this user any permissions to logon to any TS" is not ticked in the Terminal Services Profile tab? So despite this being the default, seeing as it's not working we would look at this. So I can see that as one of the answers.

What would your answers be?

Thanks

N