Options

Failed X2 as well

randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, scored better with a 448, but still failed. 50 questions, seemed a little easier this time. Thanks for all the suggestions, they really helped me, especially about reading from the bottom up. That one was the best of all. I marked all the sims and finished them at the end so I could focus on the multi-answer questions. I think my biggest issue is the multi-answer questions. I barely failed this time, if I would have nailed about 3 to 4 more questions I would have gotten passed this monster and I could have started focusing on the 294. Anyways, I am pressing on and I will schedule another shot as soon as possible. Again, thanks for all the info.

Comments

• Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. You know what they say though, 3rd time's a charm! :)

May I ask what study materials you are using? I find Transcender very helpful in explaining the answers (why they're correct or incorrect).

I'm going to start preparing for this exam in the coming weeks (haven't ordered the book yet) and would like to take it either late August or early September. Although from reading posts in this forum, I'm wondering if it will take more time than that to prepare.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    bpmufcbpmufc Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how many simulations did u get???
  • Options
    randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sybex and Transcenders. I got 4 Sims and 2 drag and drops. I have a re-test scheduled for July 3rd.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. It looks like you have a good plan to beat it next time.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Good luck on the next try. I am sure that you will nail it next time. I am leaving in about an hour to take my first attempt, hopefully I can get this one out of the way.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    achmedthecatachmedthecat Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bummed.. 556.. They say 40 questions but give you 50, that extra 10 leaves me with very little time to go back over everything I mark. The computer was at least 7-8 years old, screen blanks out in the middle for a good 2 minutes. THEN.. I live in Anchorage, Alaska, and towards the end, we get a 5.4 earthquake, it was a deep & longish shaker, I waited to see if it was the kind you dive under a desk for.

Finally, 5 minutes before it ends, the computer nearly dies, I get the pop up indicating this, the clock stops ticking down, and I wait another 10 minutes while it ponders the meaning of life and finally (and loudly) scores my test.

Got a bad case of the Mondays.. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Geez why dont they call this one the beast as well

Tough break

Will start studying for this one as well using the MS Book and Transcender just like 291

Want to quickly get my A+ first though (dont ask... weird situation)