Passed 70-649!

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed my 649 today. I scored an 850. The test wasn't that bad. I used the MS Training Kit and Transcender. I had some VMs and I've worked with 2k8 in my last 2 jobs. I had about 1 minute left in the last section. I had 48 questions. The breakdown is:

640: 880
643: 880
642: 850

Thanks everyone for your help.
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, that was cutting it pretty close. Congrats! On to the EA?
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, that was cutting it pretty close. Congrats! On to the EA?

Ya, there were a few questions where I was just left scratching my head. I'm going to do the 646 (work required by end of July) then the 647. So, eventually, EA.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I found 70-643 the hardest and 70-642 the easiest with 70-640 being tough only in it had 9 questions, so not much of a margin.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
    techster79 wrote: »
    Congrats! I found 70-643 the hardest and 70-642 the easiest with 70-640 being tough only in it had 9 questions, so not much of a margin.

643 was the hardest for me as well.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with the 646 and 647 icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    bertieb wrote: »
    Congrats! Good luck with the 646 and 647 icon_thumright.gif

Thank you! good luck on your next batch of tests as well.
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Congrats on the pass man.

I take the 70-649 next Thursday 6/25 and am brushing up trying to get ready.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

Congrats on the pass man.

I take the 70-649 next Thursday 6/25 and am brushing up trying to get ready.

Nice! good luck!!
  • gandalphgpgandalphgp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my 649 today. I scored an 850. The test wasn't that bad. I used the MS Training Kit and Transcender. I had some VMs and I've worked with 2k8 in my last 2 jobs. I had about 1 minute left in the last section. I had 48 questions. The breakdown is:

640: 880
    643: 880
    642: 850

Thanks everyone for your help.

congrats on the pass im currently studying for this exam and hope to take it soon, the VM's did you just build your own?
  • mad82mad82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. The timing on the test through my off at first. I thought I would have the entire time across the 3 test. Didn't realize each test had it's own time.
  • gandalphgpgandalphgp Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mad82 wrote: »
    congrats. The timing on the test through my off at first. I thought I would have the entire time across the 3 test. Didn't realize each test had it's own time.
    the 70-297 and 298 exams are the same you have testlets and each testlet has its own timing
  • mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, this breakdown of the different exam sections does catch some people off guard. I personally love the fact how in a normal exam you can use all your time and check and recheck all your answers at your own will.

A little bit off topic, but I do remember that in my CCNA exam you werent allowed to revise your answers so once you pressed next that was it! It definately made timing out the last half a dozen questions tricky with the remaining time, you never know whats next!
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
    gandalphgp wrote: »
    congrats on the pass im currently studying for this exam and hope to take it soon, the VM's did you just build your own?

I got the trial version of 2008 in my MS Training Kit book. I built my own VMs according to the labs in the book. Good luck!

Thank you! I kind of liked the timing because you can't second guess yourself too much.
    gandalphgp wrote: »
    the 70-297 and 298 exams are the same you have testlets and each testlet has its own timing

I remember the 298...yikes...
    mcitp_guru wrote: »
    Yeah, this breakdown of the different exam sections does catch some people off guard. I personally love the fact how in a normal exam you can use all your time and check and recheck all your answers at your own will.

A little bit off topic, but I do remember that in my CCNA exam you werent allowed to revise your answers so once you pressed next that was it! It definately made timing out the last half a dozen questions tricky with the remaining time, you never know whats next!

Yep, the CCNA was make your choice and be sure of it because there's no turning back.
  • mad82mad82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mcitp_guru wrote: »

For ICND2, I was stuck on a sim that I couldn't get working. I had 5 questions to go with about 3 minutes or so. I literally just had time to look at the answer and make a guess as to what the question might be. Submitted the final question with 1 second left. Made a 945 on the test.
    For ICND2, I was stuck on a sim that I couldn't get working. I had 5 questions to go with about 3 minutes or so. I literally just had time to look at the answer and make a guess as to what the question might be. Submitted the final question with 1 second left. Made a 945 on the test.

wow, great job! Those Cisco tests are something else. They usually always take me the entire time to complete.