Options

Need advice on passing ICND1 second time around...

nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

This is what I am learning from in order (self study at home)

1)Wendell Odom
2)CBT Nuggets CCENT DVD
3)Lots of practise exams, Boson etc
4)CCNA Flash Card (just the ICND1 section)
5)Cisco Learning Network (games etc)
6)Lamelle CCNA book

Okay, suppose I get about 60 to 70 % in my first shot and I fail.

For the second shot is it simply a case of using the % breakdown sheet that the end of the exam displays (your weak areas, areas you didnt do so well in) and re-revising the things you are weak at? Is it that straightforward?

I'm new to all this so forgive my lack of basic study technique, but because the exam is dynamic, and you are not going to get the same questions again, how do you really know where your knowledge is lacking in order to be exam ready for the second/third attempt?

I may know better tomorrow when I sit it for the first time - you would be forgiven for calling me mad at posting such a thread the day before I take the exam - but I really dont feel confident and am committed to doing what ever it takes to pass and I'm presuming I'll get it second time round.

I've decided that if I fail on the 3rd attempt then I'm going to give up IT on the basis that I dont have enough braincells to actually work out whats going or be able enough to retain it in memory. Seriously, I'm thinking of changing career if I dont see some progression in my first few steps of Cisco certification.

Comments

• Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Your getting ahead of yourself. If you fail the exam, you'll probably be able to figure out pretty easily which areas you need to study on. The fact that its dynamic shouldnt make much of a difference as the exams are set up to see what you know as a whole.
    They may not be the same questions on the next exam but they'll be covering the same topics.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    You can always try the COMEBACK2009 promotion for a retake. But then again, why not just pass the first time? icon_scratch.gif

Take your time, read the questions, don't spend more than 10 minutes on a sim question and watch your overall time. Piece of cake!
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Hey nelsonnr, this filed is having a lot to digest, You'll meet a lot complicated things to absorb at the first time. You'll find urself 40, 50 or even 60 years old and still studying (expired certificate that u need to renew or new technology that it's changing more than a serpent changes his skin), so don't close ur book before u open it!. A lot of challenges which make this filed really amazing and funny for those who love it.

Failling is not something u need to be shy of, the time u'll really need to feel shy is the time ull give it up! Nobody didn't taste failure before in our filed called Networking. If u watched CBT Nuggets as u typed above, for sure u heared Jeremy when he talked about his failure in some Certifications, while this guy if he peed he will pee routers and switches, he still encounter some failure at some points! But this didn't stop him from trying again, and again. Unless u failed for 15 times for the same exam, don't GIVE UP!

This field needs a person that if u tied his hands around his back and throwed him in the sea, he will get out and has a fish in his mouth, try to absorbe pressures and use it against ur problemes. Never have those feelings or u'll kill urself in this field or any other field! Telecommunications is hard enough, so don't make it harder...

About the weak areas, after u take ur exam u'll find it written in the paper they give u, which have all ur info. Goodluck on ur exam, and let us hear that u nailed it! :D
  • Options
    nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cerberos,

Thank you for your kind works. They really mean a lot. All you guys take so much time out to help others on the forums, I'm quite startled at how motivating it is to engage with everyone. I mean, you stumble the web from forum to forum some times, never really finding a comfortable place to chat or share your woes. Its not like that here, I look forward to logging in, just to hear inspiration replies like cerberos has done with me.

I'm really going to try not to give up on this. I'm am putting too much pressure on myself, and I do this with all things in life. I'm going to try to take the pressure off and relax.
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    You're welcome nelsonnr... a lot of good ppl here are having the will to answer ur questions, my questions and everybody's questions. You are not alone in this, all of us pass by some tough times at some points, and we are here to help each other, I can't imagine myself , too, not sharing my thoughts or woes with somebody that will understand me, someone in my field or I'll explode, the point is that everybody need to share, so no thanks on a duty bro ... Welcome to Techexams icon_thumright.gif