Options

Anyone do CWSP yet?

seekseek Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have CWNA and Security + now. Wanted to continue with CWSP so I don't start forgeting :)

Anyone try this exam yet?

I was going to use the offical guide again..anyone seen that ..is it good?

Thanks

Seek

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just received the book this morning. Just browsed to it quickly and it looks like it is just slightly more material than the CWNA. I assume it will do the same great job in preparing for the exam as the CWNA guide did.
  • Options
    seekseek Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was thinking of getting this one, but Kevin says a new version will be coming out in the new year. I assume..and could easily be wrong..but they would prob. change the exam..thus requiring a new book.

Seek
  • Options
    Yeah, and I think (pretty much a guess though) that there will be more changes than a 'regular' exam update (whatever that may be, but I mean something like the Network+ 2005 update for example). Security is one of the most and fastest changing part of wireless networking.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got the book and browsed through it, but, I haven't start reading it yet. I probably should though, cause I do want to pass it before the update. I'll probably won't be CWNE (which would eliminate recertification requirements) withing the next 3 years, so I will have to recertify for CWSP within 3 years anyway (maybe even for another updated version).
  • Options
    JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    I am intent on getting my CWNA by October end.
    Just browsed to it quickly and it looks like it is just slightly more material than the CWNA.

When you say that, do you mean that the CWSP is comprehensive?
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much. Less topics, but more detail. So far it definitely seems a level up compared to CWNA.

(disclaimer: I only browsed ;))
  • Options
    JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    Darn. I have both books sitting next to me now. Maybe I should have atleast considered "browsing" through the xSP one before jumping right into the xNA one :)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • Options
    Well CWNA is mandatory for those who want to try the CWSP exam, reason being of course that it is necessary to understand what actually happens in a wireless network (different types of traffic and traffic flows are good examples). Many vulnerabilities in wireless networks are inherent to the nature of RF transmission, so it's important to understand those before attempting to secure wireless networks.

CWSP is also a bit more practical (working with sniffers and such), CWNA is primarily theory (although having at least one client and and AP is pretty useful especially for the client configuration part and the basics configuration settings of clients and APs.