How many times did you attempt the beast?

hill1221hill1221 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering how many time each person has faced the beast.
I make technology work for people, not people work for technology!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think I can beat most in number of attempts. But I'll confess that when I actually do pass the damn thing.
  • mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed on the first attempt, although i did already hold a CCNA which gave me a definate advantage.

Check out the TestOut training suite, I find the videos quite good and always recommend them
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, nearly 70% passed on the first try. I wasn't expecting that number with all the grumbling that goes along with this exam icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Just Passed the beast in my 1st attempt few minutes ago after several months of scheduling and re-scheduling.
    I was really scared of the exam 70-291

I scored 700!!!
    Am really happy for this, because am sure i did not join those who **** themselves by using all stuff of cheating materials. and this reveal to me where i need to improve myself despite the passing.

Materials used: CBT Nuggets, MS Press and VTC - Preparing for MS 70-291 by Brian Culp.

To be candid, i have bee using CBT Nuggets for most of my past exams, but for this 70-291, the use of VTC, put back into me the courage to sit for the exam, it more clearly explain than the one am used to.

for other exams i still wish to continue the use of my CBT products.

I hope to give more details on how it went later.

Cheers all. I really appreciate you all for various contributions on this site.

Keep it Up!!
    Knowledge is life
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    I think I can beat most in number of attempts. But I'll confess that when I actually do pass the damn thing.

Same here. When I pass this test, I'll spill the beans...
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, that bad huh?!
  • hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    passed on first attemp yesterday :), Being a network administrator I have good experience on this course. didn't have any problem passing it. now I will get ready for 70-351 to get MCSA :)
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I'm not really surprised by the results. I'm convinced "the beast" is mostly hype....the other MCSE exams (293, 294, 297/298 ). IMHO are the real "beasts" icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Wow. Everyone is possibly not posting if they had to take the beast more than once or something. I'm not scared. I took the beast 3 times. I actually tried this exam the first time before I new of the "label" of this exam. I took it once and got a 670 something. I tried it again the next day, and failed again with a 650 something. I decided to take the 70-290 exam before I tried the beast again. It worked. Once I had some experience with server 2003, I nailed the beast.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again