Questions about the test

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Greetings All:

I am currently studying for the CCNA which I will take friday and due to the fact that I want to be able to get a job that is opening up, I have changed my next test plans to being the Security+. I would like some feed back in terms of the difficultly of the test. The reason being is that I need to get it done in about 2 weeks. I already have A+ and N+. I have been doing helpdesk type work for the past 3 years and I am trying to get into Server support. Are there any particular books that are best for this exam? Also should I take the new exam or the old exam? Are there any books availible for the new exam?

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Well, CCNA should give you some background in network security. It helped me on the Sec+. Then, I suggest that you take at least one of the Sec+ practice exams here at TechExams. That will give you a good taste of the material--at least on the 101.

It would then be a good idea to go through the TechExams TechNotes on this site.

If you are going for it in 2 weeks, then I would go for the old exam, because there is a lot of study material available.

Maybe the 2 most recommended books on TechExams for Sec+, are the Syngress and Sybex exam guides. But remember, the exam is really broad in nature, so you should also find yourself seeking our reinforcement from several web sites.

I also used the CBT Nuggets Sec+ material--quite excellent, but pricey.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Interesting. I think it is gonna be difficult but doable...
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well i am really impressed by ur Line - up of certs for 2009bowing.gif

all th best and wish u luck
    For the Sec+ i would recommen u the same books : Syngress + Sybex plus there are so many technotes and free pratice exams on the internet which can be quite helpful Trust me as you already have CCNA ( hopefully ) this shoud be an easy exam for u provided ..

Lastly all the best once again
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Well i am really impressed by ur Line - up of certs for 2009bowing.gif

all th best and wish u luck
    For the Sec+ i would recommen u the same books : Syngress + Sybex plus there are so many technotes and free pratice exams on the internet which can be quite helpful Trust me as you already have CCNA ( hopefully ) this shoud be an easy exam for u provided ..

Lastly all the best once again

This year is going to be pretty hard but I really want to get into network admin type of work and out of the help desk. I think I will pick up the syngress book. I need to hurry up and figure this out.