Creating CBTs

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

after being off the cert track for a while I am now back and hence this forum was my first place to come to icon_smile.gif

I am currently persuing two Sun Certifications (Solaris Security and Sun Cluster) and it really annoys me that there seems to be no good material on the net. (The sun docs are rubbish, if you ask me). The same holds true, in my opinion, for LPIC-3. There are good books for Level 1 and 2 but next to nothing for Level 3.

To put a long story short: Rather than complaining I thought about producing some CBTs (or rather VBLs, Video Based Lessons, as I would call them) for these topics myself. This, of course, raises a bunch of questions that I hope to find answers to:

1) Has anybody on this forum ever done such a thing ?

2) Could you recommend any Mac Software to help with doing this (sorry, no Windows) ? icon_smile.gif

3) Do you think people would be interested in this stuff ?

I am currently NOT thinking of doing this for profit. Since I use a lot of open source stuff and have received a lot of "free" help from others I thought that this might be an opportunity for me give something back to the net community.

Well, I would love to hear what you think icon_smile.gif
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Although I'm not studying the same material I am/would be very interested in audio files I can listen to on my Blackberry whether it be streaming (I have G3) or downloaded MP3's. There seems to be shortage of material in this form.

The only thing I have been able to find so far are MP3's of a college lecture which I download to my Blackberry and listen to while I jog during lunch.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, but I don't know of any Mac software. You could dual-boot or virtualize Windows and go with Camtasia if you can't find anything comparable.

There's only a handful of people that are into Java here, but there'd probably be a decent amount of interest within the Java community.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    It's funny that you mention it but I have been developing my own video lab cbt's to help follow my progression towards the CCIE R&S. Kind of like a video journal for myself and training cbt's to those that are interested. I don't normally have a lot of time to post on here because of my studies but I happened to catch your thread title. check it out!

YouTube - bowlersp's Channel
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Camtasia is supposed to be released for the Mac sometime this year.

In the meantime, Snapz Pro X | Ambrosia Software, Inc. is about the next best choice...

MS