Options

Passed 70-291!

SbritoSbrito Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got an 846 on 70-291 today. i used microsoft press and measure up. The questions on measure up were way harder than the questions on the actual test. ALOT of DNS questions and that was probably my strongest subject. DHCP and RRAS were probably next on the list for most asked. There was 1 subnet question.
icon_cheers.gif

Now the question is do i go to 293, or do I go to do my exchange exam to get my MCSA: Messaging cert?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're going to want to keep up your momentum and go right to 293. You can always tack on the Exchange stuff afterwords. 293 will be much more difficult after a break. Plus, all the PKI, clustiner, etc. material will help you with Exchange anyway.

Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    With a great score like that keep going with 293. Congrats well done.
  • Options
    mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, 291 can be a difficult exam for some and i know a couple of guys who have been unsuccessful on their first attempts.

To be honest, I would do the exchange exam and complete your MCSA, its a nice milestone to achieve. If that is what you decide then i would suggest looking at doing MCTS 70-648 next and begin transitioning your microsoft certs to server 2008.

On the other hand, 2003 certified people are still in demand as most networks probably wont switch over to 2008 for at least a few years.

It all depends on what you want to do, I personally recommend doing the 2008 stuff these days if you are aiming to land a job in the near future as it really stands out to job employers that you are motivated and have a fresh knowledge of up to date technologies.
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.