Options

Finished MCITP:EA

mad82mad82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took 70-647 about a month ago when I went back home during some free time. Thought it wasn't too difficult. Took the 70-640 during my MCSE. That just left the 70-649 and I'm actually surprised I passed.

70-640: 760
70-642: 887
70-643: 880

Didn't think I did that well on the first section. Nine questions like a lot of people have been getting and could have sworn I missed 3. The other two sections I was more confident on.

I used the CBT Nuggets video which I don't recommend using as your only resource. It was very helpful but I know there was stuff on the test they didn't cover. My advice, know ts and iis very well. Those were the sections that I had the most trouble in deciding which answer to choose.

Now that I'm done with Microsoft for a while (lol Master series $18k) I'm going to be studying for the CCNP. Failed the BSCI by 50 points last November and started on the Microsoft certs once I got to San Francisco. Since this is more new to me than Microsoft, I am going to take my time. Figure 2 months study time per test.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ugh, how could you let BSCI go after being so close? That has to have been eating at you. Now is the time to attack it with a vengeance, eh? icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, as well as your new status as MICTP. I'm with dynamik on this one, go back and put that BSCI exam to rest.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Top job! Hope to have my SA out of the way soon... then will focus on EA after that.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    mad82mad82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everybody and I'm studying for the BSCI right now. I was in the process of moving (took the test with my car packed as I was leaving Louisiana) and didn't have enough time to go over multicasting and ip6 as much as I wanted to and I did horrible on those two sections.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mad82 wrote: »
    Thanks everybody and I'm studying for the BSCI right now. I was in the process of moving (took the test with my car packed as I was leaving Louisiana) and didn't have enough time to go over multicasting and ip6 as much as I wanted to and I did horrible on those two sections.

Good luck on your BSCI. I'm prepping for my 646 now. How did the 647 compare to the 649? congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."