Options

taken today-passed

henrock2henrock2 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well i just got home from taking the test, and i have to say it was kinda easy kinda hard. I really do recommend reading over the tech notes, luckily half of the questions i encountered were straight from the tech notes off this site. ON that note i would so like to think the publisher of this site for providing a place for tech heads and helping me study for my exams.

be aware: there were more questions on appletalk
you need to know what appletalk uses to for ip into mac address
and some other stuff.

other then that you should do ok if u studied. don't BE FOOLED BY TAKING JUST PRACTICE EXAMS. i know everyone has said that time and time again but today i really saw why. if you are like me you really haven't had a chance to be in the "biz" of networking you really need to read as many study guides as possible.

i remember some questions on there, they were pretty much straight forward some were so easy its almost like ok you would be stupid to get them wrong.

well good luck in all of ur endeavors
next stop for me is ccna maybe starting on my msca or e
I am going for broke, and i love every minute of it.

Comments

• Options
    g00seg00se Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Surely ARP is used on a mac to convert from IP to MAC address?

Is that wrong?

:)

And congrats... 26 days to my exam... any other tips you wanna share? :)
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Henrock2 icon_smile.gif

Your recommendation of using the technotes is good advice.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    apples use aarp.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    thank you very much.

yeah i put aarp because i was sure of the question. but that was the only one i remembered. i know there were like four questions reguarding appletalk which i hadnt read up on so much. The one that really made me feel dumb was the loopback plug wiring scheme. I could not for the life of me figure it out. Anyone knows? that one was one of the ones that i had no clue on. I mean i know the pairing for every other cable cept that one. Kinda retarded but my cisco teacher will never find out that imissed that question. haha icon_wink.gif

guys who havent taken the test yet i really do recommend u become familiar with tcp/ip features like ipconfig/tracert/ping etc. which wow would u believe it this site has one of the best sections on thoses. hahaha so there you go another pointer to the technotes. i really cant say anymore then that without giving the test questions out. :P
  • Options
    danzigdandanzigdan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much was the test? I heard it's going up later this week by 4%.
  • Options
    doc4pcsdoc4pcs Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When you say, "there were more on appletalk" what do you mean by more? A lot of questions on it or a few?
  • Options
    Like more questions on appletalk then i thought were gonna be on there. I havent really worked around appletalk but im glad i read up on it enough to atleast get one or two of the questions correct. I just remembered that one i posted earlier cuz i was sure of the answer but it just suprised me that it was on there. i suggest reading up on the main key features of appletalk if u can just to be safe. All in all the questions wasnt that bad. good luck
  • Options
    doc4pcsdoc4pcs Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,
    I am taking it in the morning so I have been reading so much lately that I don't know what I know anymore :)

But I am going to give it a try.
  • Options
    Well good luck man. Just dont study to much or you will confuse yourself icon_confused.gif .