Options

Malfunctioning Switch?

cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
Is this Switch is malfunctioning hence the Amber LEDs? I'm really confused, if someone could explain to me... Thx In Advance.
Ask.jpg 14.7K

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What kind of switches?

Did it show any failure messages on the console while booting? Did it show anything at all on the console port while booting?

Do you have console access and can you enter the show post command?

Amber lights on the first few ports that come on and stay on during the boot process usually indicates a problem.

Check the switch documentation to Troubleshoot and Understand POST Failure Messages -- but without more information I'd guess those switches are toast.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    That's what i believe too, its a 2950G-24-EI which i saw on ebay, no show commands and nothing in there, here is the lnik Cisco Catalyst 2950 series WS-C2950G-24-EI Lot of 2 N/R - eBay (item 290325500353 end time Jun-26-09 12:20:22 PDT), wish they are not toasted, by the way, nobody gets near my switches GRRRRRR crash.gif
  • Options
    I didn't think that everybody will take my joke seriously this way, anyway thanks again.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    I'd always be wary of items that list:

No further testing was done.

That means they were too lazy or they don't have a clue! Buyer Beware! icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'd always be wary of items that list:

No further testing was done.

That means they were too lazy or they don't have a clue! Buyer Beware! icon_eek.gif
    Its a network switch. Even somebody with minimal knowledge of Cisco and networking hardware could have tested each port to see if it works at least. So yeah... not a good sign if you see untested in the description.
  • Options
    Ya thats true, but if u notice that the Seller stated ( This unit powers on and all the light take green color
    No further testing was done), I don't know with him, this contradicts the pics. Thx alot guys...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    cerberos wrote: »
    Ya thats true, but if u notice that the Seller stated ( This unit powers on and all the light take green color
    No further testing was done), I don't know with him, this contradicts the pics. Thx alot guys...
    I'd keep away from this auction. You could try asking the seller for a log of it booting but I doubt they'll do it for you.
  • Options
    That's what i decided, I'll try to ask the Seller but I believe he wouldn't dare to uncover his dead ,fried, toasted ports that easy...
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    cerberos wrote: »
    That's what i decided, I'll try to ask the Seller but I believe he wouldn't dare to uncover his dead ,fried, toasted ports that easy...
    Wow, that made me hungry. Should I be alarmed? icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    lol, You know what? I wouldn't deny if that will make me to reach CCIE...icon_tongue.gif