Options

Passed 70-642

Well I passed... scored quite well in 3 sections... bombed a few question on monitoring and a DNS question or two... there were sooo many DNS questions I have to say on my 642!

Sooo. Now have a few options.

Do I sit 70-646 next and become a SA or do I go down the EA path?

Or do I become an SA and then complete my EA?

Work has the MS Press 646 books so I am leaning towards the SA path I think for the moment.

I think I got lucky on a few questions... I took a stab at the "Microsoft" type answer on a few and a couple others I think I managed to work out with a little bit of logic. I personally think this was a tougher exam than 640.
EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete

Comments

• Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.. What was your score? I write mine in 25 hours, and with all the victories that have been posted this week, I worry a little that I'll be the one guy that needs his second shot voucher

*closes file management chapter, goes back to DNS* icon_lol.gif
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I say go for the 647 if only because you'll pick up some handy knowledge on the additional application platform MCTS exam (Terminal Services/IIS) and the fact Enterprise Administrator makes you sound a bit like Captain Kirk ;)

It depends on your circumstances really, but if you decide to do 646 then I'd suggest finishing up the EA track as well.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Congrats!

You are right, though. This test is definitely passable if you employ MS style deduction of answers.

I didn't study so hard for this one and pulled an 816 which i was happy with. Any time i make 800 or better im satisfied.
  • Options
    flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Now suck it up and go for the EA with me. :)
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations. Go mad, do both icon_wink.gif

Seriously, the EA seems to be the best track.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! I would do both. do the 646 first since you already have the resources, then 647.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I scored a 950 on this one. I had a little less time to study for this one as it had to be done by the end of the month for the voucher, less than 640 and did better than 640. Actually was a bit shocked at the score.

Anyway... going to have a couple of days off and then get stuck into 646.

Used Trainsignal, my seek learning account and the MS Press book. Also used the measure up test questions from the MS Press book. There are sooo many typo's in that MS Press book I found when reading it! Used it more as a reference than reading it cover to cover. Big thanks to Claymoore for finding those resources for 642 as I scanned through some of those and it helped! Thank YOU!

Did well in the IP, NAP and File Sharing/Printer sections. Focused hard on NAP and that Technet NAP virtual lab assisted me heaps! Suggest to anyone doing this test
    if you read the books and study the material from whoever and your still confused, do the technet lab. Makes you understand how it all pulls together.

IP wasn't too bad. I spent a lot of time on this subject for IPV4 and getting to know the different types of IPV6 address types. Have to thank some of my Cisco guys at work for giving me some excellent doco on learning to subnet and helping me with learning to route. There is some great Cisco doco on it (if I find the link to it I will post it) and easy ways to work out how many addresses in this subnet mask...etc.

Monitoring score was around the 3/4 mark... must have got a few of those wrong. And I must have not got a couple of dns questions as the bar was missing a little bit on that one too however generally I am ok with DNS, but with the amount of questions focused on DNS, who knows.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete