Cisco Exam Topics

Has anyone else noticed that cisco.com/certification now requires you to login with your account to simply view exam topics? What do you people think about that?

Also, the CCSP SNAF exam topics link forwards you to the BSCI exam topics page.. lol

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccsp/snaf?view=overview

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't see what the major problem with having to login is, anybody who is pursuing any Cisco certs should have a guest CCO account at the very least anyways and the Cisco Learning Network and CCO accounts were merged into a single sign on sometime last year so you don't have to have two logins like you did previously.

The BSCI comment is just the landing page, if you actually click on the view exam topics on the BSCI page (assuming you are logged out) you will be asked to login and then be taken to the SNAF exam topics.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It's a marketing device to see how many unique eyeballs are interested in which of their certs. Because anybody can get an account on Cisco's site, it's not an information control thing. As long as I can opt-out from them spamming my inbox I'm OK with it.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think its now on an outsourced service, and the 3 clicks (4 counting login) it takes to get the information drives up the site hit count icon_sad.gif

I especially like the page where it tells me I have to be logged in to see the topics, even though I'm already logged in.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    mikej412 wrote: »
    and the 3 clicks (4 counting login) it takes to get the information drives up the site hit count icon_sad.gif
    www.isc2.org seems to have adopted this same design, uh, strategy.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I especially like the page where it tells me I have to be logged in to see the topics, even though I'm already logged in.

That's a feature we've enjoyed all over the Cisco site for years. Between Cisco's site, SDM, and trying to use PEC, I'm beginning to think Cisco's board of directors sat down one day and said, "Let's hire a web developer, one that REALLY hates the web."

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.