Options

Catch up...

cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
Hey, anybody wanna get a heart attack? Check this out Cisco 2811 Series Router w/ Serial interface card - eBay (item 280362125482 end time Jun-25-09 20:11:53 PDT), Hey Mike (The Cisco Sniffer ), interested? icon_mike.gif

Insaneeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Still has over 2 days on it and there are already a couple holding bids on it. No chance that will be cheap. The price will shoot up at the last minute.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cerberos wrote: »
    Hey, anybody wanna get a heart attack? Check this out Cisco 2811 Series Router w/ Serial interface card - eBay (item 280362125482 end time Jun-25-09 20:11:53 PDT), Hey Mike (The Cisco Sniffer ), interested? icon_mike.gif
    I looked at the auction but did not suffer a heart attack. False advertising, will not deal with cerberos again. FFFFFF
    eBayer!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, there's a ton of time left. The price will skyrocket towards the end.
  • Options
    Wahhhhh I thought i might tease Mike icon_cyclops.gif, there are a lot of (Fs) thought Dynamik. Yeah Tiersten, there is a lot of time left, if it stoped for $200 i would get it icon_eek.gif.
  • Options
    if it stoped for $200 i would get it icon_eek.gif.
    No chance. An 1841 goes for over $300.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This unit was removed from a working environment and is sold AS-IS
    I always wonder when I see this..... we remove broken equipment from our network -- which leaves a working environment.

And if the seller doesn't even have a power cord to take a picture of the LEDs to show the unit powered up.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    No chance. An 1841 goes for over $300.

I was thinking $500. Some people be crazy about cisco gear.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I always wonder when I see this..... we remove broken equipment from our network -- which leaves a working environment.

And if the seller doesn't even have a power cord to take a picture of the LEDs to show the unit powered up.....

I only wonder Mike how did they kill this Router. If it's defected, MTBF, they should return to Cisco, if it's negligence, Due Care, they should kill themselves. Delicates shouldn't be treaten this way icon_rolleyes.gif, this router is a fortune. Who doesn't Jamesleecoleman icon_wink.gif, i bet if i wanted this router to whistle, It will.
  • Options
    I only wonder Mike how did they kill this Router. If it's defected, MTBF, they should return to Cisco
    Cisco equipment is only under purchase warranty for a limited period of time. After that if it breaks and you don't have a service contract, you're on your own.
    if it's negligence, Due Care, they should kill themselves. Delicates shouldn't be treaten this way
    Equipment can die to power surges, component failure or manufacturing defects at any time.

It may just be surplus equipment or the company has gone bust or one of many other reasons.
    this router is a fortune
    Not really. A 2800 ISR whilst reasonably expensive for personal or lab use, isn't particularly much for a company and is dirt cheap for an ISP. Look at the prices of the modular chassis based routers/switches if you want to see a fortune.
  • Options
    Nearly 2 days to go on the auction and its already at $152.50.

The seller also has a 2950 up for sale but the model number they give doesn't match the model number in the picture.
  • Options
    By all means Tiersten, we can't expose such a router to Surges, sages, brownouts, Spikes..... this Router needs at least a UPS, not even a Surge Suppressor. Rest assured that if the Equipment didn't fail in the Warranty period and it failed, It's 80% , I say 80% not 100%, Due Care and Negligence, someone blew it up, unless God willed, or the person's money wasn't legal.

For sure a decent ISP won't use less than The 7600 Series, Cisco 12000 Series, or Cisco Nexus 7000 Series... It's considered a Branch Office solution for a Small Company . For a LAB, alot of Alternatives do exist, but if in an affordable price, who will dare to deny?! Ya It's $152 already in just a few hours, I'll wrap my head sorrow on it...

Ya that's exactly the Switch i did put an eye on it yesterday icon_cyclops.gif, no secret can be kept in this forum icon_scratch.gif, lol, what do u think about it? No show Commands and nothing, and the Seller seems expert enough puting a different Model pic.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    tiersten wrote: »
    Cisco equipment is only under purchase warranty for a limited period of time. After that if it breaks and you don't have a service contract, you're on your own.

Actually thats not strictly true, Cisco devices have a lifetime warranty for as long as the the product is listed.
    You can just get the devices swapped directly with Cisco (I think its a 4 week turn around)

Cisco just dont advertise it .....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    This is the same router we have in our office, actually, I rather like it. Listings like these, however, make me very nervous. I see routers like these, or even brand-new(ish) ASA firewalls going for dirt-cheap with the line "taken from working environment" and it always seems very fishy to me. The device is very expensive, even with a basic configuration, so you've gotta figure that either something's wrong with it and Cisco won't take it back or it was obtained under dubious circumstances, (i.e. it's stolen).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Great lab (and production) router - I recently upgraded 3 of my lab 26xxXMs with 2811s :)

I agree though, this action will more than likely end over $700.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Actually thats not strictly true, Cisco devices have a lifetime warranty for as long as the the product is listed.
    You can just get the devices swapped directly with Cisco (I think its a 4 week turn around)

Cisco just dont advertise it .....
    Hmm. Yeah. Never knew that but they do have a limited lifetime warranty. I've always just shouted at them to come fix it on the maint contract :)