Options

Bootstrap 12.2(7r)

cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
Is this Bootstrap is enough to run 256 Memory 48 Flash or I still need the 12.2(8r)? I'm running it on the 2620XM but honestly have no clue yet... Thx In Advance guys...

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    You'll need the 12.2(8r) boot rom for the router to use 256MB.

New Memory Capacity on the Cisco 2600XM Series Multiservice Router
  • Options
    Thanks captobvious, it really helped alot...
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    No worries, I went through the same troubles starting out! Good people on here, they all seem to want to help. Searching Cisco website, you don't always get reliable info there. icon_eek.gif

I was lucky enough to get a 2621XM off of Ebay for a steal, then had to do some reconnaissance. Sometimes you can sneak a real deal! :D
  • Options
    You are kind guy captobvious, and that's true that all ppl here are willing and eager to help, same as u...2621XM? Thats the exact Model I'm trying to get on Ebay, but man they are too pricey! I'm trying to get any empty one for a reasonable low price then boost it myself with the Max Memory and Flash and wic-2t card, but it will still need a Boot ROM upgrade, this will make the price to fly more, suffer once and relief forever... Such a router with this picky specification wish It won't exceede $120...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It is the same for all 2600XM routers. You don't actually need 256MB if you're not running 12.4T and you don't need that for CCENT/CCNA.
  • Options
    That's true tiersten, but the point is that I'm not living in the U.S, my Sister in law is there, I created a Paypal account with my name but with her address, quite illegal I believe icon_scratch.gif, shipping from there to me will cost at least another $100, so I'm trying to get the best I can icon_bounce.gif...