Options

70-646 Action

Due to my big mouth, I took the 70-646 exam today. It found it more difficult than the 70-647 exam that I took a week ago, however, I seem to have passed with a higher score, 887.

Oh well that's SA and EA done on to Hyper-V (after a weeks rest, that I think I have earned)

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations sir!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Awesome, send some of that mojo across the pond! LOL
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pfft, time off? ;)

Congrats!
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Thanks.

Well the weeks rest seems to have gone out of the window icon_rolleyes.gif I picked up the Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions book that I grabbed from MS a while back.

I am not a fast reader and I struggle very often with writing styles but this book is great so far.
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    any pointers on what the test hit you w/ hard, any "gotchas" or things to focus on that might not been covered as deep in the MS Kit? taking it this friday
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, thats quite a cert list you are building there ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    SRTMCSE wrote: »
    any pointers on what the test hit you w/ hard, any "gotchas" or things to focus on that might not been covered as deep in the MS Kit? taking it this friday

I think I can say (without breeching the NDA), this is an Administration exam. Look at enterprise administration and enterprise administration tools.
  • Options
    bertieb wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, thats quite a cert list you are building there ;)

Cheers dude, it's the upgrades that getting to be the killer icon_wink.gif

I have already realised that I need to complete 2 exams this month. Hyper-V is first up (I've been using it for my 2008 studies so I think a good look at SCVVM is all I need now) Next up is Citrix XenDesktop as I've got an expiring Prometric exam voucher (Citrix are going Pearson only from August 1st).
  • Options
    kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any sims on this exam and 648 ?
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Stupidboy, while they are going VUE only, I believe they are offering to swap the vouchers starting soon (Prometric -> VUE). I'm on my iPhone but I'll try to dig up the relevant email for you in the morning.
  • Options
    kreyzie wrote: »
    any sims on this exam and 648 ?

I think it OK for me to say there were no sims (if this goes beyond the NDA some please tell me).
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    Stupidboy, while they are going VUE only, I believe they are offering to swap the vouchers starting soon (Prometric -> VUE). I'm on my iPhone but I'll try to dig up the relevant email for you in the morning.

SWEET! Please let me know if you find the details. I had asked and was told that I would need to use it or loose it.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gmail and finally having copy/paste on my stupid phone let's me give you this...

Citrix
  • Options
    astorrs wrote: »
    Gmail and finally having copy/paste on my stupid phone let's me give you this...

Citrix

Thanks astorrs, I don't even have to do anything it'll just work with VUE from August 1sticon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Due to my big mouth, I took the 70-646 exam today. It found it more difficult than the 70-647 exam that I took a week ago, however, I seem to have passed with a higher score, 887.

Oh well that's SA and EA done on to Hyper-V (after a weeks rest, that I think I have earned)

what'd you use in the way of materials?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    what'd you use in the way of materials?

I used the MSTK for 70-646 and obviously the knowledge I had already gained from the 70-647 exam.