WHOOOO raise!

JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
The CIO at my company let me know that i'm finally getting the raise I was told I would get when i was promoted (6 months ago).

We hit some very tough budget figures and suddenly the money was "gone"...but apparently now its back.

The best part is it will be retroactive. icon_surprised.gif

Comments

  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hellooooo lump sum! icon_smile.gif
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When I got promoted at the movie theater I worked 8 months without the dollar an hour raise. The kicker was I did finally get the raise, but no one told me I was allowed to put in paperwork to receive retro pay for that time...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats! So what reward present are you going to buy yourself??
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

    Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    What is the raise % like?

    I always get disappointed by raises as the % is next to useless for IT folks.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CONGRATS, makes it for a good weekend fun!
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Jordus wrote: »
    The CIO at my company let me know that i'm finally getting the raise I was told I would get when i was promoted (6 months ago).

    We hit some very tough budget figures and suddenly the money was "gone"...but apparently now its back.

    The best part is it will be retroactive. icon_surprised.gif

    What's a raise?
    Good luck to all!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    What's a raise?

    Indeed. What is this 'raise' that you speak of Jordus? Please enlighten me.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,601 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A Raise for me at the moment is putting another book under my monitor to keep it stable, i used to have dual screens as well but because of "hard times" that luxuary has been taken away by an evil moron of an IT manager.

    Anyway, congratz at OP, super nice to get a reward for your hard work, keep it up!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    skrpune wrote: »
    Congrats! So what reward present are you going to buy yourself??

    Likely a Palm Pre. Ive been using a crap phone for a couple years now, i need a geeky one!

    I also need to build a new computer, though.
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    binarysoul wrote: »
    What is the raise % like?

    I always get disappointed by raises as the % is next to useless for IT folks.

    We have pay "scales" that are kind of hard to understand, they intersect and ones a lil higher than the other, and the incremental raises are odd rates.

    Its going to be somewhere in the range of 20-35%.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thats great. Congrats on the raise, and finding a new toy as well. Good combo.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Jordus wrote: »
    Its going to be somewhere in the range of 20-35%.

    35%?? Damn I could buy me a boat if I got that kind of raise.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513
    That is a big %
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    35%?? Damn I could buy me a boat if I got that kind of raise.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

    "TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Sign In or Register to comment.