Who has the best cd-rom or online Certification Training?

WJ59WJ59 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Who is the best? Who is the worst? Is it worth the money or is it a waste of money? I'm now studying for the A+ and plan on getting the Net + after that.

Comments

• lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    CBT Nuggets is good stuff from what I've heard.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I agree with lazyart. Someone I took a class with a while back brought in a CBT disc, and was very good. Although, for Net+, there's a great site to help with subnetting etc., Learn to Subnet is also FREE. Take a look, it can never hurt to know subnetting thoroughly.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WJ59WJ59 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This TechExams site is Great! The CBT Nuggets site also looks good. I wish I had found it before enrolling in the Specialized Solutions, aka: QuickCert.com, aka: Oncourse Learning Academy; A+ Certification, online training course. Im not happy with the depth of coverage they have in their e-book and streaming video. I'm also studying Mike Meyers', "All-In-One' Fifth Edition A+ certification guide. A Fantastic Book.

Thanks for the information.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CBTnuggets is good indeed, and the price is good as well. Somehow their drawing type of instruction don't appeal to me personally though.

I'm not a big fan of CBTs in general, I rather read a book (most CBTs go way too slow). But, another affordable option is the TransTrainers from Transcender, I used it for my 218 exam and as with their practice exams it was quite on-topic.

I think LearnKey CBT is still considered the best out there, it's a lot more expensive though.
  • dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. I just saw some of the prices for the LearnKey CBT's. Quite expensive indeed. I think I'm gonna try the MCSE 2000 combo package from CBTNuggets and supplement them with a book + the Technotes. I don't have the money to set-up a small lab in my home so I guess that will be the best approach for me.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i'm using Testout's CCNA 801 and its pretty good offers interactive, labs, and test sims. I'm also using Keystone CCNA videos in conjunction with sybex book. If your able search ebay it may be a cheaper find for the video instruction cert training.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • crabeatercrabeater Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone tried Thomson Netg ? They claim money back if you don't pass, lots of help even after you are done. "Class" time for each course is about 40 hrs. (just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone w/'career counselor')

Also claim, like CBT, to have 65% of fortune 500 as clients.
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Learnkey is the most expensive, but they do a good job with covering the materials. I have always read a study guide (either MSPress or Sybex) and viewed the Learnkey videos. The videos help reinforce what I have read.