Options

Alas...the king is dead. Or is he?

rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    UK / US papers say he is dead, German ones say he is in a coma .. who knows ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought it was a joke at first, but multiple internet sites are confirming that it's true....as weird as he was, that dude had talent.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I saw it running on the news here before this was even posted. It's been a rough week for celebs...
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    He is dead according to many reports in the US. He was a talented man. I loved all his early stuff before he went bat **** crazy. I liked Mike when he wasn't white! :)

RIP, Michael.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    is this true?
    i've checked bob's link - looks like it?

my deep condolences for MJ and the family he left icon_sad.gif
    may he rest in peace.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, it looks like Michael Jackson didn't survive the coma following his cardiac arrest. It's a shame, I liked his older music and I was looking forward to seeing if he'd be doing something new for the upcoming tour. All the gossip and scandals aside, he was very influential through his music and I'm sure there aren't too many people out there who haven't heard of him or, at the very least, heard his music at one point or another.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I really think my boss' wife's Palm Treo 650 was at fault... man that is an ugly phone.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Great music, awesome entertainer... but although he was never proven guilty, I personally believe that he probably molested little boys... so I have mixed feelings. I have 10-12 of his older songs on my computer and he was incredibly talented.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't wait for the conspiracy theories to begin....

Oh, wait, they already have:

Did "they" kill Michael Jackson? And Why?, page 1

(disclaimer: the link is to a website that I consider the best of best in showcasing just how insane some people are out there. I do not post there, but sometimes it's difficult to not read that nonsense.)

MS
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Man!!! I thought you meant Elvis finally died icon_eek.gif (he's been bagging groceries at a store in Phoenix since he gave up music :D).

Elvis was The King. Michael Jackson was just the King of Pop.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Ya, I though it was a prank too...I had to look at a few website to confirm it as well.

It does leave behind a ton of great music (Thriller, anyone?). Not sure what made him so weird, was it the success?

Anyways, rest in peace...death is the ultimate career move.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    CChNCChN Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's at times like these when I yearn for Anderson Cooper's steady, unbiased analysis...
    RFCs: the other, other, white meat.
  • Options
    DjScientistDjScientist Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The man is gone..Very sad..RIP Jacko
    Working on 293:
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I was reading that conspiracy link and they did bring up a good question in that did they have all the news videos and documentaries of MJ already recorded ahead of time? Do they have a bunch of videos recorded in case of celebrities OD or kill themselves? I don't follow celebs too much so I'm curious of what the media does.

As for the media killing him, that's a load of bs. There's no reason for them to do it just for headlines or even the money since he was broke. That post reminded me of a James Bond movie (if I remember right) where a super media cooperation ran and made their own stories to run them. I doubt they have enough money nowadays with the recession and print media going down the tube to even remotely do something close to that.
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SAD...lets all play "thriller" in his memory today.
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Tributes to him. World mourns his departure.

May God rest his soul in peace icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    LarryDaMan wrote: »
    Great music, awesome entertainer... but although he was never proven guilty, I personally believe that he probably molested little boys... so I have mixed feelings. I have 10-12 of his older songs on my computer and he was incredibly talented.

+1

The thought of him molestering little boys surpasses any memory of him moonwalking, yer he was talented and brought out massive selling albums but does this get him forgiveness, regardless his funeral will be massive
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    He's not dead, he's flipping burgers with Elvis in Arizona, or Alabama, or Mexico, or wherever.

Feel bad for Farrah Fawcett, she had a terrible cancer.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess the celebrity death trifecta is complete yet again. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I can't remember who all was in the last one, but I know when Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes both died, a lot of people were worried about Samuel L Jackson based on this pic (it's from a movie called Soul Men):

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080811/425.mac.hayes.jackson.081108.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if they tossed him in an underground bunker. The fate of Iron Man 2 and The Avengers depends on his safety!! I predict the next trifecta is going to start with Patrick Swayze (safe bet).
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    The real shame is that the media can't resist the urge to drag up on the dirt on him now that he's passed. I say it's a shame that he passed, but death comes to us all.

Damn shame though.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exactly, they say it always comes in threes. Michael Jackson was just an extrodinary performer and musician. Many artists today base their talent and performance off of him. He sent the record industry to another level in the 80's when it was in a slump. Hit after hit.....from Dont Stop Till You Get Enough, Dancin Machine, PYT, Thriller...I could go on for days. I dont think to many other even have close tot the repitoire he has. You could play his albums for days and still not be through.
    arwes wrote: »
    I guess the celebrity death trifecta is complete yet again. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I can't remember who all was in the last one, but I know when Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes both died, a lot of people were worried about Samuel L Jackson based on this pic (it's from a movie called Soul Men):

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080811/425.mac.hayes.jackson.081108.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if they tossed him in an underground bunker. The fate of Iron Man 2 and The Avengers depends on his safety!! I predict the next trifecta is going to start with Patrick Swayze (safe bet).
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Feel bad for Farrah Fawcett, she had a terrible cancer.

Yep, nothing about **** cancer sounds appealing.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Man!!! I thought you meant Elvis finally died icon_eek.gif (he's been bagging groceries at a store in Phoenix since he gave up music :D).

Elvis was The King. Michael Jackson was just the King of Pop.

Bubba Ho-tep (2002)
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Talic wrote: »
    I was reading that conspiracy link and they did bring up a good question in that did they have all the news videos and documentaries of MJ already recorded ahead of time? Do they have a bunch of videos recorded in case of celebrities OD or kill themselves? I don't follow celebs too much so I'm curious of what the media does.

I'm sure major news networks wouldn't have any problem putting together compilations edited together to create a documentary. It wouldn't take long at all to pull videos from archives which I'm sure they keep stored digitally more than likely somewhere and cut together video. They do it for a living, and I bet once word leaked of him being taken to a hospital that they began to prepare as if he had died - lots of news organizations really love to be the first with footage.

Conspiracy theories are silly, I think all of the conspirators are all out to get us!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm sure major news networks wouldn't have any problem putting together compilations edited together to create a documentary. It wouldn't take long at all to pull videos from archives which I'm sure they keep stored digitally more than likely somewhere and cut together video. They do it for a living, and I bet once word leaked of him being taken to a hospital that they began to prepare as if he had died - lots of news organizations really love to be the first with footage.

Conspiracy theories are silly, I think all of the conspirators are all out to get us!

A friend of mine was working for a television station once so I got some nice inside once. When a certain celeb had an accident he had to cut two stories, one where he survived and one where he died with lots of archive material .. Didn't matter how the story looked like as long as the station was first releasing it ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    A friend of mine was working for a television station once so I got some nice inside once. When a certain celeb had an accident he had to cut two stories, one where he survived and one where he died with lots of archive material .. Didn't matter how the story looked like as long as the station was first releasing it ...
    The major newspapers and broadcasters have got preprepared stories for the really major public figures.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Some, especially the press who were villifying not so long ago - hypocrites - keep harping on that he was a genious blah blah but his albums and songs sold so well because he had awsome producers and production staff and they made sure his videos were extraordinary. I enjoyed Thriller, etc just as much as the next person but all this hype is completely rediculous and a real kick in the teeth to those that helped put him where he was.

He was a moderate singer but admittedly a top class showman. It was his weirdness that kept him in the press all the time and rarely for anything good in this last 10-15 years. As celebs go, he was the top of everyones freak list. Having personal friends of Yuri Geller and David Blane speaks volumes in my book.

Sad to see Farah go though. Now that was a good looking woman and not a great way to go !

Still, at least it has stopped the news media in the UK harping on about MP expenses. Good grief ... !

Life goes on.
    Kam.
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    I was on my way home after fixing someone's computer and I checked my text message that said "jackson is dead goin to be big funeral prolly"

I thought.. jackson who? so I turned on the radio.. Michael jackson is on, hmm.. thats strange. next station, MJ again, next.. MJ, another.. MJ.

for 20 minutes he was on every station.. so its no doubt that the king of pop died.

I get home.. on almost all the music tv channels, on almost every homepage.

Kinda sad, but I like most people believed he was sick in the head, and molested those children. Although they settled out of court, and he was never proven. We all know on some level he's guilty.

Ed, Farrah, Michael, and I believed someone else died too.. bad week for celebs.. may they all rest in peace.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    Ed, Farrah, Michael, and I believed someone else died too..
    Jesus...David Carradine died only three weeks ago and everybody I know has forgotten him already. Kwai Chang Caine had a much bigger impact on me than MJ ever did.

Oh, and I hear MJ was killed by some doctor named "Murray." icon_tongue.gif
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Oh, and I hear MJ was killed by some doctor named "Murray." icon_tongue.gif

Hahaha....you are about to gain popularity my friend!