More Study Materials for CCENT

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just curious what is some other good study material to just fresh up on how networks work and I already practicing subnetting and working with labs. I like to just have like flash cards of some sort. I already went through the Cisco Press book. Read it three times and study it pretty decent .I look over CBT Nuggets and Train Signal. I want to practice for next month and half and practice subnetting as well. I just like to find something to fresh up on all the theory quick before I go to the exam.
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• beef1218beef1218 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi!
    I am a newbie here preparing for my CCENT too.
    I only started 1 week ago.
    I don't have any real world experience.
    I have only gone through CBT Nuggets once, and now just started to watch Train Signal.
    I already booked the CCENT test on Jul 6.
    I haven't read any book yet.

Compared to you, my preparation looks nothing.
    However, in the CBT Nuggets, Jeremy suggested only spend 2 weeks preparing CCENT test, so I think you may worry too much for the CCENT.

Well, I could be wrong.
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Nothing will beat actually typing the commands you see on CBT or textbooks. I learned the commands more by actually messing around in the IOS than simply reading it (also helps to know which mode you should be in to get a cmd to work).

If you can try purchasing a router/switch to practice commands on.

If you like the FULL story try buying a textbook (I bought Lammle's CCENT text which he really goes into detail about everything). I havent bought the Cisco Press book so I cant comment on that one.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I already went through the Cisco Press book

Which Cisco Press book? They have lots for CCNA / CCENT.

If you want flash cards and haven't got it already, then there is a Cisco CCNA Flash Card book which is well worth the money.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jonny72 wrote: »
    Which Cisco Press book?
    Odem's CCNA Official Exam Certification Library contains both his ICND1 and ICND2 books.

The CCNA Quick Reference Sheets, which are available as a digital download from the Cisco Press web site, are also nice for review. There is also a CCENT only version available.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Odem's CCNA Official Exam Certification Library contains both his ICND1 and ICND2 books.

The CCNA Quick Reference Sheets, which are available as a digital download from the Cisco Press web site, are also nice for review. There is also a CCENT only version available.

Those are the books I have... I will look at the press.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    The Cisco press books are pretty good. I have started reading these after completing two books, which were:

1. Network Fundamentals, CCNA Exploration Companion Guide (Hardcover)

2. Routing Protocols and Concepts, CCNA Exploration Companion Guide (Hardcover)

These books are definitely excellent books. They both give you very good details pretty much about anything you do not know. I have learned a lot by reading these books. The books are excellent, no mistakes, the pages are well put together with samples and images that you can reference. They even highlight key terms in blue. These books also include CD's with packet tracer activities, which allow you to actually get simulation "hands on" practice with the IOS commands and everything. I would highly recommend these books.

I also purchased the Wendell Odom Official Exam Certification Library for additional reading on my own as well. So far I can tell the books definitely seem to be very packed with information. It all depends on how much you want to read. I have read the first two books, I am in the process of reading the second two books from the exam certification library, and I will probably have two more books to read before actually taking my CCNA, along with purchasing probably two/three routers and a switch or two to practice on before I feel comfortable enough to take my CCNA. It all depends on how much preparation you want to put into it. I definitely want to sit down and be comfortable and pass on my first attempt.
  • jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Those are the books I have... I will look at the press.

As you haven't got it, have a good look at the Cisco CCNA Flash Cards book. It contains 1400 flash cards and 200 pages of quick reference sheets, should be perfect for you.