Options

Passed with Second Shot

rlebahrlebah Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I faced the beast again and this time it was won by decision. No knockout, No TKO. Thank you judge routing and remote access! I compared the two tests and that was the only outstanding difference.

I always struggled with that topic but I think once the security domain sank in it all came together.

I was amazed at how different the test was the second time around. I kinda thought some of the questions would be similiar but no this exam had the opposite feel to it.

The first exam was much easier to read and to the point. The second was not nearly as bad as the prep questions but harder to sit for. Which leads to the chicken and the egg.

The first time around was I just so ignorant that I did not see possible soloutions in the remaining answers or by studying harder did I get smart enough to realize how clueless I was before????

This time I went in wrote down all that information on the board. Even though you have it memorized. Its good to have it because in the middle of the test your mind is mush... Helped me with 2 answers lol.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congrats!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good work passing the exam.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    Any thoughts on this, I am Desktop Support using certification to gain knowledge so I can advance. Rather than wait for an oppurtunity and than learn I would rather be trained, certified and knowledgable when a position opens up.

I am at a fork in the road, I like the idea of moving on to MCSE, But each tests takes me further than my day to day work. I like the idea of learning it and than as I advance I can fall back on it. But I also dont want to get too far ahead. If my career relates to my certification track I feel you get more depth of training.

My thinking is now I should tackle exchange 70-284 because I have much training material maybe exchange 2007 since it is the front runner but I will need to spend additional money on 2007. ALso Sharepoint 2007, I think that will be a good certification to have that can make me some extra side job $$$.

After these two certifications, Job position or not I will upgrade to the 2008 track.
  • Options
    puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    in both exam have much question about RRAS? Congrat!!!
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    girdavid178girdavid178 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done .....congrats
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    rlebah wrote: »
    My thinking is now I should tackle exchange 70-284 because I have much training material maybe exchange 2007 since it is the front runner but I will need to spend additional money on 2007.

If you haven't had alot of expericence with Exchange, go with 70-284 first to get the basics down. Alot of companies are still running with it.

I'm in the same position and see alot of helpdesk jobs still saying MCSE desirable. Don't think you can go wrong holding this cert really. One size fits all.
  • Options
    in both exam have much question about RRAS? Congrat!!!

In all fairness, I think the questions were equal. I think if you get a solid understanding of rras it includes the other domains. Your going to have to know dhcp for to understand the relay agent, Your going to have to understand security to decide which type of vpn authentication.
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you! icon_cheers.gif
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    TheDongerTheDonger Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rlebah wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this, I am Desktop Support using certification to gain knowledge so I can advance. Rather than wait for an oppurtunity and than learn I would rather be trained, certified and knowledgable when a position opens up.

I am at a fork in the road, I like the idea of moving on to MCSE, But each tests takes me further than my day to day work. I like the idea of learning it and than as I advance I can fall back on it. But I also dont want to get too far ahead. If my career relates to my certification track I feel you get more depth of training.

My thinking is now I should tackle exchange 70-284 because I have much training material maybe exchange 2007 since it is the front runner but I will need to spend additional money on 2007. ALso Sharepoint 2007, I think that will be a good certification to have that can make me some extra side job $$$.

After these two certifications, Job position or not I will upgrade to the 2008 track.

The thing about sharepoint is that you can actually undercut the sharepoint jocks by doing consulting as a person offering the same system for free by utilizing things like pbwiki, etc.

I found that software service to be clunkier than a transformer's bra, myself.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TheDonger wrote: »
    clunkier than a transformer's bra

Can't wait to see that in the director's cut.