Options

How hard is this really?

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
So I want to take this test but from everything I read i am scared lol. I want to take it with the second shot voucher if it really is that hard. Ive been reading even from people that know this stuff that it's really hard.

Should I just study and do it or wait? I dont even know how long the next second shot will be coming around in. Is it usually every couple months?

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This exam is passable. But you have already let it get under your skin... First you have to get it out so you aren't being psyched out by the test.

Is it hard? Yes. It's the only exam I have ever failed. Be as prepared as possible, get second shot and take it. But don't say you are scared. No one even has to know you failed the first time, lol. Just study as hard as you can, lab up a lot and do your best. If it takes you two attempts it takes two. Did you see the post w the poll about how many times people have taken it? Probably 2/3 passed on the first try!

Don't get psyched out by it!
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah dude, don't sweat it. It's really not as bad as it's made out to be. Studying is the hardest part of this exam. Just take your time with topics that your unfamiliar with and make sure you have a firm grasp of each objective (DNS, DHCP, RRAS, IPSec, Subnetting) and you'll breeze through the exam.

This test is not hard.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Studying is the hardest part of this exam.

+1

Lots of material to cover. Get on it quick though, I believe Second Shot ends on Tuesday.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I failed the first time (day before yesterday). It isn't hard, in fact, some questions are extremely easy (can't say what they were, but they were very basic questions). It is just the scope of the exam that got me. There are so many different things being tested, that it is hard to study for. But, I know what I missed and what I got right.

Make sure you study everything on the objectives. I'll pass the second try, no problem whatsoever. I'm very confident that I will pass. I'm got it planned for August.
  • Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    In the end, it was much easier than I thought it would be. Surprisingly so. RRAS was my hardest topic because we don't use it. (Nobody does.)

I read all the horror stories too, so I studied hard for about 2 months. I used the MS-Press book, Exam Cram, and CBT Nuggets. I also had the Self-Test practice exam which was 100 times harder than the actual test.

Make sure you know RRAS, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, and WSUS and you'll do OK.