Options

Can't get SDM to work..

adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have downloaded SDM on my laptop and have been trying to make it work for sometime.. doesnt like me..

I have IE & Chrome both.. I had googled and found some problems with other browsers so I have tried making IE my default browser.

I also found on web that JRE latest version sometimes doesn't work.. So, I downloaded an older version which the forum had recommended - v1.4.2_05, it still doesn't work..
right now, I have the latest version on one laptop and older on the other.. none works.

I had IOS version 12.3 for 1710 router which I have upgraded to 12.4.. still no luck...

The SDM opens the first window, lets me enter the username/password, I hear a click sound and new window shows up.. and then it disappears...

I have tried secure http & http both..

Appreciate any help/suggestions... thanks!
Wish List :
CISSP...

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pop-up blocker?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Pop-up blocker?

Sorry, forgot to mention..
    I had disabled the pop-up blocker..
    infact, just now I uninstalled Chrome completely on one machine... and now I am getting the second window... but its all html code I get.. not the actual SDM page..
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    adeetee wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to mention..
    I had disabled the pop-up blocker..
    infact, just now I uninstalled Chrome completely on one machine... and now I am getting the second window... but its all html code I get.. not the actual SDM page..

ok.. it finally worked for me... i have uninstalled chrome completely...
    had to change some settings.. and it worked... such a relief..! Now I can finally get some hands on!!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Options
    Dubuku57Dubuku57 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    May i ask where you downloaded the SDM? Is it freeware?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think Cisco has only one place you can download SDM from:
    Software Download

You will need to login with your Cisco CCO login.

That link and SDM installation instructions (and supported router table) are from the CCNA FAQ icon_exclaim.gifDownloading and Installing Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) link.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Dubuku57 wrote: »
    May i ask where you downloaded the SDM? Is it freeware?

I downloaded SDM from the link Mike has provided.. you can create a CCO login for downloading..
    Wish List :
    CISSP...