Options

General availability for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 announced

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
General availability for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 announced
At Computex 2009, it was announced that Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Release to Manufacturing (RTM) code will be available to partners in the second half of July 2009. Windows 7 will then be generally available on 22 October 2009 with Windows Server 2008 R2 also available around this date. Learn more about Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

That is from our Gold Partner Newsletter.

Sorry if this has been posted already icon11.gif
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well, that's great news! Does that mean that MSDN subscribers will get it between late July and October (August or September maybe?). I am already developing in Win7 RC1, but wouldn't mind using the final for testing. Granted it's not hard core programs, just basic networking tools.
  • Options
    PC509 wrote: »
    Well, that's great news! Does that mean that MSDN subscribers will get it between late July and October (August or September maybe?). I am already developing in Win7 RC1, but wouldn't mind using the final for testing. Granted it's not hard core programs, just basic networking tools.

I was at a "Microsoft Embedded" day here in the UK and the Storage Senjor Dev. from Microsoft also dropped the bomb that it will be available for Technet and MSDN subscribers in July ... we looked quite baffeled and the day after that day we got the newsletter above ...

So I am quote confident that we will see W7 in Technet / MSDN in July ...
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    I was at a "Microsoft Embedded" day here in the UK and the Storage Senjor Dev. from Microsoft also dropped the bomb that it will be available for Technet and MSDN subscribers in July ... we looked quite baffeled and the day after that day we got the newsletter above ...

I hope that's true! :) I'm still running build 7100 on my machine. I know there have been many, MANY leaks out there for updated builds, but I only run legit software on my machines. Too risky, otherwise.

Well, it's almost July, and I'm getting excited! :D I'm such a geek.
  • Options
    PC509 wrote: »
    I hope that's true! :) I'm still running build 7100 on my machine. I know there have been many, MANY leaks out there for updated builds, but I only run legit software on my machines. Too risky, otherwise.

Well, it's almost July, and I'm getting excited! :D I'm such a geek.

I got a later build than 7100 (legally though), but didn't install it ... Simply no point since the RTM is getting closer :D
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »

thats awesome! Ill be keeping my eyes open in July!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EDIT: Read SP2, not R2.
  • Options
    RTmarc wrote: »
    EDIT: Read SP2, not R2.

Yepp, Windows 7 Server basically icon14.gif