what logo to use on email signature?

MyUsernameIsMyIDMyUsernameIsMyID Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had mcdst and I passed 621, getting the mcitp enterprise support tech.

My question is which logo do I put on there? I have the option obviously of having them both, but I didn't know if getting one made the other one pointless. I don't think so because one is XP, the other is Vista. Just thought I would check what others were doing.

btw the 621 test is deceiving!! 2.5hrs, 55questions. a few minutes into the test I looked and there was only 30minutes and I only had 22 questions. WTF?!?!?! then I finish ready for my score and get another 31 questions! and if anybody cares, there were no simulations, I had a few with an exhibit (a screenshot) and one where I had to drag and drop the answers from left to right.
MyVoiceIsMyPassword.

:cheers:

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I frankly wouldn't use any logo nor any mention of my certifications in my e-mail signature. This is primarily due to the fact that to everybody that I communicate with, my certifications don't mean anything to them whatsoever - I am just there to do my job. It wouldn't matter to my co-workers if I had just an A+ or anything up to a CCIE - I'm still one of the go to guy's when the crap hits the fan to them.

Now if I were in a situation where I was working more in a consulting role, I might include something in my signature, but only if it were a fairly significant certification and if it were relevant to what my clients needs were. I don't at all mean to take away from your accomplishments, but I wouldn't include anything unless it was say a CISSP or CCIE or similar level of difficulty. I think it's great to be proud of one's accomplishments, but in an environment where your signature would convey nothing of importance or value to those you communicate with via e-mail it serves no purpose, and in some cases it may come across as though you are vain.

Just my $.02... see this other thread about the same topic for other responses.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/32942-e-mail-signature-frame.html
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think it would do more harm then good as an email signature - unless you are sending out job applications to hiring managers, then it would probably be good.
  • MyUsernameIsMyIDMyUsernameIsMyID Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the input. I think the logos are getting a bit out of hand. Maybe just the acronyms to confuse the weak icon_twisted.gif.
    MyVoiceIsMyPassword.

:cheers:
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    -1 for using logos in your email ;)

I'd skip out on the acronyms too. I don't include any, and most others don't either.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree, I skip acronyms too because in my environment there are two types of people who I would e-mail:

Those who understand what the acronyms mean (because they are one of the other couple guys in the IT department).

Those who do not understand what the acronyms mean and judging by how often they ask the same questions of me they are clearly not able to read anyways.

:D
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    I use the acronyms in my work email sig because it irritates my colleagues that put no effort into their careers and expect to be paid big dollars for doing nothing.

Anyone who doesnt know what it means just seem to ignore it.