Options

Order your certs/kits before July 1st!

babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi just want to remind you guys that right now you can order your kits/certs from MS for free until July 1st.

I called in to order mine today ('cause their ordering tool online wasn't working - he did tell me a lot of people are having problems with that form and they know about the problem; any way, he placed the order for me)

I asked about how much it would be for shipping after July 1st but he said they don't know yet.

So if you are eligible for a welcome kit or certs, go ahead and place the order by using the form (click download transcript, scroll to the bottom you should see ordering form) or just calling the MCP rep (which I believe is faster).

Just thought I might pass this on.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    yeah, well it seems like everyone and their mama is trying to do that right about now, because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get onto the MCP site at the moment. Yar. I was trying to check on whether they are giving out welcome kits for Windows 7 but it looks like I'll have to keep on trying or check tomorrow. Phooey.

UPDATE: I take that back...I can get to the site now, but I'm getting a runtime error on the login part. Sigh, one step forward, two steps back.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Yeah, the MCP website is not working that well.

I didn't have to wait when calling the regional center and was helped right away.
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    skrpune wrote: »
    yeah, well it seems like everyone and their mama is trying to do that right about now, because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get onto the MCP site at the moment. Yar. I was trying to check on whether they are giving out welcome kits for Windows 7 but it looks like I'll have to keep on trying or check tomorrow. Phooey.

UPDATE: I take that back...I can get to the site now, but I'm getting a runtime error on the login part. Sigh, one step forward, two steps back.

Are they giving out Welcome kits just for win7? I know I got a MCTS general cert when Vista was completed but nothing vista specific
  • Options
    Revenue wrote: »
    Are they giving out Welcome kits just for win7? I know I got a MCTS general cert when Vista was completed but nothing vista specific
    sorry, I misspoke (mistyped?)...I meant that I was hoping I'd get a paper cert for Win 7 but it looks like that's a no - I finally got logged into the MCP site & nothing is listed, so unless they mail it of their own accord, it'll just be the digital cert for that one.

But I did get a welcome kit for MCTS - as well as a separate cert for Vista - when I passed the 620 exam...it was my first MCTS exam though.

• Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    after a couple of tries, it quickly went through just now
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gonna try to get in now....anyone else tired of seeing Edoardo Pinci's smirk every time they go to login?
  • Options
    Gonna try to get in now....anyone else tired of seeing Edoardo Pinci's smirk every time they go to login?
    lol, I thought I was the only one! Makes me wonder tho - how do they pick people for things like that? (Not that I want to be on the MCP page, just wondering.)

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Thanks for the reminder, I had six waiting to be dispatched icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder, I had six waiting to be dispatched icon_cool.gif

Hah, you sound like me. I ordered everything from my zero-to-MCSE:S in one order, and then I just got an order of everything since then about 10 days ago. Out of sight and all...
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□

I am! he looks just like my boss.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Hah, you sound like me. I ordered everything from my zero-to-MCSE:S in one order, and then I just got an order of everything since then about 10 days ago. Out of sight and all...

I just placed an order for 9 certs. im glad im not the only person who didn't order right away
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    ....anyone else tired of seeing Edoardo Pinci's smirk every time they go to login?

My wife reckons that's what happens to you when you take too many certifications icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    stupidboy wrote: »
    My wife reckons that's what happens to you when you take too many certifications icon_lol.gif

"Sì, sono un grande Nerd." They just need the thought bubble... And being one myself, I mean no offense.

But really I often wondered if some one was tickling him some where off camera when the picture was taken....
  • Options
    Revenue wrote: »
    well, I just got an official answer from MCPHelp:
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding physical certificates.

We would like to congratulate on passing the Windows 7 Beta exam.

We would like to inform you that, due to the recent transition paper certificates are currently unavailable. However you have an option to order the certificate with a nominal shipping and handling charges under the pa to print option. The pay to print option would be available from 7th July 2009.

We have checked your records and see that the fulfillment option for your Windows 7 certification has not yet been updated on your profile. Please let us know if you are able to download the certificate. In case you are do not find the Windows 7 certification the Download manager list please let us know so that we can escalate it to the concerned team.

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your co operation in the "Going Green" initiative.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.
    So it looks like they delayed the "fulfillment" update on the profiles of those who took the beta exam (so therefore you couldn't order a paper cert before the "Going Green" initiative officially started), but you ARE able to download a digital certificate (which I have done). I guess I'll check back next week & see how expensive it is to get the cert printed & then I'll decide if it's worth it.

• Options
    kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so whoever placed order for last 7 days wouldnt get their kits ship out ? i just placed 4 orders 3days ago. when i logon to mcp , download cert and i scroll till the bottom of the page , i couldnt see all my kits anymore. do i have to call them ?
  • Options
    Nah... The orders that you ordered before July 1st will get shipped. It's not there because you cannot order anymore..

If you want though, you can confirm it with MS reps.
  • Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my welcome kit through today after doing the MCITP:EA. All you get is a cert and a card that has a red colouring instead of the yellow i got for mcts. And its says IT pro above it. Would have hoped for something a bit beefier or even something saying mcitp:ea, as i could have just passed 2 vista exams and got it. Not that i would carry my transcript everywhere.

Prefer my MCSE one, nice and blue and at least shows each qualification
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got a couple emails this morning confirming mine have shipped
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    babixg wrote: »
    Hi just want to remind you guys that right now you can order your kits/certs from MS for free until July 1st.

I called in to order mine today ('cause their ordering tool online wasn't working - he did tell me a lot of people are having problems with that form and they know about the problem; any way, he placed the order for me)

I asked about how much it would be for shipping after July 1st but he said they don't know yet.

So if you are eligible for a welcome kit or certs, go ahead and place the order by using the form (click download transcript, scroll to the bottom you should see ordering form) or just calling the MCP rep (which I believe is faster).

Just thought I might pass this on.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up!!
  • Options
    Piers wrote: »

Me too!
  • Options
    Piers wrote: »

Thought I was behind the times being in the UK, just got six mails saying they are being shipped.
  • Options
    I got the e-mails saying they are shipped too.

Hopefully they'll arrive sooner than later..
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anybody knows if they still ship the wallet card along with the certificate?
  • Options
    saad3000 wrote: »
    Anybody knows if they still ship the wallet card along with the certificate?
    If they were requested before the change, then probably yes. If they were requested after July 1st, then no.

• Options
    Oh man!! What a cheap people!!!
  • Options
    Why not?

Free = Good :D
  • Options
    Hello, I placed an order to get the MCITP! I wonder if they will ship the wallet Card too! But in the Certificate Manager on their MCP website does not includes any Welcome Kits to order only MCITP / MCTS and the certs I did. Has anyone ordered the MCITP from microsoft?
  • Options
    Orders before July 1st should include wallet card (I received mine with a wallet card).

However, orders after July 1st will not. It will include just the certificates and it costs money to order.

Here's a comment from MS's born to learn site from someone:
    These are just the paper certificates? Or it is a normal welcome kit as before? With everything, like the plastic card.

Answer from Ken Rosen from MS learning:
    Certificate only.
  • Options
    Thanks man that's horrible!