Options

measure up question.....

ShelpdoggShelpdogg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a measure up question that really doesn't make much sense to me and was wondering if the guru's here can shed some light on why it doesn't make any sense...

XP has an onboard display adapter. You install a PCI display adapter that supports Direct X hardware acceleration. When you boo the system, the onboard adapter no longer functions.
What must you do to make the onboard adapter function properly? (choose two)

A - Manually enable the onboard display adapter through the computer BIOS.
B - Move the PCI adapter to a different slot.
C - Disable VGA-compatibility on the PCI adapter
D - Remove the PCI adapter
E - Replace the PCI adapter's driver with the manuf. driver.

The correct answer (according to Measure up) is C & D. What I don't understand is why you would have to disable VGA compatibility on the card that you are going to remove anyway...?? If you remove the card and start the machine, it won't see the card and the onboard would be active.
Working on MCITP:SA .....70-640 at the moment.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Shelpdogg wrote: »
    I have a measure up question that really doesn't make much sense to me and was wondering if the guru's here can shed some light on why it doesn't make any sense...

Um, because it comes from MeasureUp? icon_lol.gif
    Shelpdogg wrote: »
    XP has an onboard display adapter. You install a PCI display adapter that supports Direct X hardware acceleration. When you boo the system, the onboard adapter no longer functions.
    What must you do to make the onboard adapter function properly? (choose two)

A - Manually enable the onboard display adapter through the computer BIOS.
    B - Move the PCI adapter to a different slot.
    C - Disable VGA-compatibility on the PCI adapter
    D - Remove the PCI adapter
    E - Replace the PCI adapter's driver with the manuf. driver.

The correct answer (according to Measure up) is C & D. What I don't understand is why you would have to disable VGA compatibility on the card that you are going to remove anyway...?? If you remove the card and start the machine, it won't see the card and the onboard would be active.

Maybe each answer represents a "complete solution," and it's not saying you have to do both.
  • Options
    it does say complete solution.......

so when it says complete solution, it can mean each of these separately could be the answer??

that could be the disconnect for me then.

Thanks

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, "complete solution" means that answer in itself will achieve the goal. It will usually say something like, "each answer represents part of the solution" when each one is part of a larger process.
  • Options
    Thanks dynamik.... I guess that does clarify it a bit.

• Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the measure up CD as well. That question got me the first time I saw it. Poor word choices from those guys! icon_sad.gif
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    NozzaCNozzaC Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can assure you that, from my experience with it, the exam Qs are not so stupid.