Two questions in the TechNotes Special Edition

nsdjoensdjoe Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
In the 60 question "online exam" section, I have two questions.

Question 31 states:

Which of the following is used for Host name to IP address resolution?
A. WINS
B. HOSTS
C. DNS
D. LMHOSTS

The answer is listed as B only. Should it not be B and C?

Question 47 states:

Which of the following are true about the purpose of hubs?
A. A hup is used to cnnect devices on the same LAN
B. A Hub is used to connect different LANs
C. A Hub sends data recieved from one port to one other port
D. A Hub sends data received from one port only to ports that connect intended communication partners.

The answer is listed as A and C. Should it not be just A, since a hub forwards data to all of its ports except the incoming port?

Thanks

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You are absolutely right about the first one (31). Of course DNS is a correct answer. I see I forgot to list C as the correct answer. Note that the 60 questions are from our online practice exam, I see somehow I didn't copy it correctly to the PDF as I have both B and C as the correct answer in our online version:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/coexam/start.php?exam=netplus1

As for nr 47.
    The answer is listed as A and C. Should it not be just A, since a hub forwards data to all of its ports except the incoming port?
    No, it should be answer C as well, but there is a dirty typo in the answer. Again, the online version shows it correctly (as well as the explanation in the PDF) A hub sends data received from one port to all other ports.

They have been read by thousands... Many thanks for letting me know! I will correct it ASAP and add an Errata for the old version. I apologize if it caused any confusion.

Johan icon_redface.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_idea.gif Those who have purchased the SE, can email me to get an updated version.