Options

Cisco online account

_maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
I purchased a Cisco ASA 5505 from Amazon.com. It came with firmware asa724-k8.bin. Isn't version 7 old? My Cisco login is only guest level. I don't have access to the download page. I am used to vendor login accounts asking me to register my serial number and then giving me access to the download page. I don't see anything like this with Cisco. Customer service told me to call Amazon and they will give me firmware for my purchase... ya right. Do I not get access to firmware updates when purchasing Cisco hardware? Can someone fill in the gaps for me?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe you need to purchase a support contract to get updates. However, it's odd that it didn't come with the latest version at the time. Have you tried contacting Amazon?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    _maurice wrote: »
    Do I not get access to firmware updates when purchasing Cisco hardware?
    No. You need a Smartnet contract.

If someone sold you "old stock" you need to take it up with the seller.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lots of items out there that are being sold without the latest. They were in production, replaced and never upgraded. It can be a real pain to get by, but most of the sellers I have seen don't even list the IOS version. Need to ask up front.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    NBD SMARTnet for a ASA5505 isn't that much for 1 year. Go talk to a Cisco reseller.
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198