Makes me feel old

ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Giving up my iPod for a Walkman

When the reviewer mentions that he was unaware tapes had two sides and that walkmen eventually develop a taste for your favorite tape it brought back some memories. I had a player with autoreverse and when Van Halen's 1984 started side 2 with the drum solo at the beginning of Hot for Teacher, I thought my player was eating my tape.

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I remember having a Walkman icon_lol.gif
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I remember going from a walkman tape player to a walkman cd player with 3 seconds of skip protection!!!! I was so proud.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I remember using my mom's walkman once in a while. Until I let some girl listen to it and she dropped it icon_sad.gif
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    I remember going from a walkman tape player to a walkman cd player with 3 seconds of skip protection!!!! I was so proud.

pffft, I had 10-second skip protection...AND mine said "HELLO" when I powered it on icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I remember being happy when walkman's came out because I could **** my crappy 8 track player. Now I almost never use physical media.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Walkmans with auto-reverse were ok, the shitz was when Nakamichi came out with auto reverse on their RX series. Would eject the tape, spin it around, and then pull it back in to play the other side.
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Wait...no one uses phonograph anymore?
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    rfult001 wrote: »
    Wait...no one uses phonograph anymore?

I've converted all my mp3's to punchcards and load them that way if that helps? icon_lol.gif

Weird, only the other day I found my walkman (tape, with auto reverse) and my walkman cd (3 second skip protection - damn you snadam!! hehe). They now 'live' with my Spectrum ZX81, +2, +3, BBC Micro, Commodore64 and other bits I just bear to throw out. Help me.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    You know when your old when you go into Mc Donalds and you dont know what to do!!

Or your kid says to you "What do you mean, your dialing the phone"!!!! LOL.