Options

BSCI Exam

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,

I starting study BSCI as the first CCNP exam and I bought the (CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide 4th Edition, by ciscopress), my question is this book enough.

BR,
Auos.

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    auos wrote: »
    Hi,

I starting study BSCI as the first CCNP exam and I bought the (CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide 4th Edition, by ciscopress), my question is this book enough.

BR,
    Auos.

It depends on your experience, but I'd be inclined to say no and pick up some more resources.

I've just recently purchased the BSCI study Guide from Chris Bryant and it's excellent, really easy to understand and would recommend it. CCNA CCNP Cisco Security Certification Exam, CCNA Boot Camp CBT

Also you could use CBT Nuggets, Certification Guide and the documents on the Cisco website, especially for IPV6 and Multicast as there is limited info on these topics in the ciscopress books. This exam is a monster so get as many resources as you can and I'd suggest a lab book (you get labs with the Chris Bryant package) or you could go for the ciscopress lab book.

Labbing and interpreting routing table outputs and show commands quickly is the key to passing this exam after you have the fundamentals and theory down.
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    I am taking the BSCI next saturday, and here are the resources I used/am using:
    Trainsignal CBT
    BSCI Lab Portfolio
    Bryant Advantage BSCI material + lab book
    BSCI Official Exam Cert Guide
    Routing TCP/IP Vol. II

I actually feel pretty prepared...The Bryant Advantage stuff is pretty refreshing after dipping into the offical exam cert guide; and the routing tcp/ip was really good supplementary study material after each chapter in the other books. The lab portfolio is an outstanding resource as well. I bought this book near the end of my studies and went through all 600+ pages in about two weeks while "playing along" with my lab. Hopefully all the work will pay off next week :). Good luck to you.
  • Options
    accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    No, I recently passed BSCI and I used this stuff:

CBT Nuggets videos (super helpful)
    Cisco Press CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide 4th Edition
    CCNP 1: Advanced Routing Lab Companion (Cisco Networking Academy Program) (2nd Edition)
    CCNP Building Scalable Internetworks (BSCI 642-901) Lab Portfolio (Cisco Networking Academy) (Lab Companion)
    Lots of questions from CD and books
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks