Options

Passed OSCP

JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got the e-mail after finishing the exam yesterday. I strongly recommend this course to anyone that is interested in getting into penetration testing. The course starts with the basics buts towards the middle really gets down to the fun stuff. :)

My score was 135 out of 135.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome!

What sort of experience/skill level did you have going into the course? I'm probably a bit beyond CEH-level myself, but I'm far from what's expected with the OSCP.
  • Options
    JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a good amount of security experience ranging from penetration testing to vulnerability R&D so the course was just for fun.

The course Pentesting with BackTrack (OSCP) is aimed at beginning levels of penetration testing. It's sort of trying to get you into the "hacker" mindset, thinking outside of the box, and quickly goes from basic information gathering to vulnerability R&D. I don't want to give too much of the course away though.

I'm now enrolled in the course Cracking The Perimeter in which the end result is obtaining the OSCE (Offensive Security Certified Expert). This course is the sequel to the OSCP course and I can't wait to start it. The course itself is supposed to be much more advanced now that you've gotten the basics out of the way. Even the registration of this course requires passing a short/fun challenge.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, WiFu was the only other one they offered last I checked. It's apparently been awhile icon_redface.gif

Thanks for the insight and good luck with CTP!
  • Options
    lacto17lacto17 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys
    Iam planning to get the CBT materials for OSCP Certification with the 1 Month Lab Access.
    Can u guys pls share mw with your experience regarding OSCP.
    As of now im have SCJP,MCTS,C|EH.
    Im also preparing for Security+ and CISSP.

Thanks & Regards
    Karthik.
    Thanks & Regards
    Karthik.