How are you spending your holiday weekend?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
For those in the US, whats your holiday plans? My daughter flew in for a visit, and we did a tour on Segways, which was a blast. Tomorrow its over to taste of Minnesota to get some food, drink, hear some live music, and then watch the fireworks over the river.

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm going to spend it with my girlfreind in Wisconsin. I'm meeting her parents for the first time on Friday, then on the 4th we are going watch fireworks at her house and stay at home. I wanted to watch fireworks in Stillwater, but she said it would be a zoo. She did say she has a computer that is broken, and I can have if I can fix it. Heck I just want to fix it, and give back to her to use, so I might look at that:) The Taste sounds fun, I went last year, kinda spendy and I never understood the tickets for food concept. I hear they charge admission now, in exchange for better bands. How much does it cost to do the segway tour?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hanging around with my wife's side of the family, her cousin and his wife are flying in from California for the 4th and the 5th will follow with a baby shower for her other cousin.

Other than that, we will probably be playing around with the new toys we got this week - a Wii and Xbox 360.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sleep, lots of sleep. icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a collection of photos I take of people on Segways. They're always good for a laugh icon_lol.gif

I guess we have different interests in music; I went to the Taste yesterday.

This is the first weekend I've had off in a long time, and I've got an extra day to boot. I'm actually looking forward to doing nothing but getting caught up on things like paperwork and doing some cleaning and organizing.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Today, I am at work.

Tomorrow, I am at work. Until 9pm. Then it's out of here for an hours drive to go party with some properly alcoholic gun-loving rednecks.

Sunday will be spent reminding myself that I'm too old to drink like I used to.
  • SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    as lame as it sounds... studying for my CCNA icon_study.gif
    Satcom wrote: »

Sounds freakin' sweet dude. I've been hitting my ICND2 book for "breaks" icon_cool.gif
    dynamik wrote: »
    Sounds freakin' sweet dude. I've been hitting my ICND2 book for "breaks" icon_cool.gif

when do you plan on taking icnd2? im thinking about just taking the combined tests at the end of the month!!
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm all about studying, but come on you guys...!

I plan on spending the majority of tomorrow evening/night drinking beer. Actually, I'm prepping for tomorrow as I type this. icon_lol.gif

Tomorrow during the day I'm spending some time with the family, then my brother and his girlfriend are coming over to commence with the food and drinks.

My stepdad picked up a double barrel shotgun I'm excited about shooting, also.
    when do you plan on taking icnd2? im thinking about just taking the combined tests at the end of the month!!

I'd ideally like to do it at that time, but it might slip to mid-August, depending on what I have going on. I took ICND1 last fall, so it's kind of embarrassing that I'm not past this yet.

/usr, you're making the (incorrect) assumption that drinking and studying are mutually exclusive activities ;)
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Spend time with friends and family. I'll try to get some studying in there, but I doubt it's going to happen...
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
    I'd ideally like to do it at that time, but it might slip to mid-August, depending on what I have going on. I took ICND1 last fall, so it's kind of embarrassing that I'm not past this yet.

/usr, you're making the (incorrect) assumption that drinking and studying are mutually exclusive activities ;)

geez mang dont let it slip to August you have already waited long enought!!!
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The Segway tours are 3 hours long, costs 80.00/tax a person. A bit pricey, but we had a blast.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□

Drinking and partying is what you should be doing. Not drinking and studying. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

Ditto. Sigh...