Options

Calling old school CCNPs

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
Let's say I take e.g. ONT tomorrow. Let's also say cisco decides to change the CCNP program the day after tomorrow and ONT is no longer in there.

I would assume you still have the 3 years to finish your CCNP? I.e. they will offer the old exams for at least 3 years so that people who have started their CCNP have a chance to finish it?

What has cisco's policy been e.g. when they made the change from the last curriculum (BCRAN etc)
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco usually gives about 5 months "warning" before any major change and the old exams you've already taken are still good for their original 3 years.

You can usually find out from the Cisco website or the Cisco Certification Manager what the options are for "mixing and matching" the old and new exams.

If you check Cisco Online Certification Support you can also find some of the support documents for some of the previous changes.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    grizzbear80grizzbear80 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was in that scenario with the changing requirements when studying for my NP tests. The changes were announced far enough in advance that i was able to determine what path I would need to take based on my timeline when I was studying. I was not ready to take the tests to meet the old requirements and studied for the ONT and ISCW instead. My BSCI and BCMSN still counted so I was good as long as I passed the 2 updated test requirements. Just be sure to watch for any changes and adjust accordingly. Good Luck !!!
    "No, try not! Do, Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda