Options

New CCNP Wireless

netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    WHAT!!! CCNP Wireless?!?!?! Not Cisco Certified Wireless Professional (CCWP)?!?!?!

Oh Well -- at least I guess we don't need to create a new forum since it's "just another CCNP" icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Gee, I wonder if this means there's a CCNP Voice and CCNP Security in our future too ;)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Yea the new name made me think the same CCNP (Insert Specialty Here)
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What about CCVP and CCSP though? Rename?
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Yeah, I'm sure they'd just rename ccvp and ccsp if they're just changing over to a different naming format. They may have also chosen CCNP Wireless to avoid any seeming conflict with CWNP
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gee, I wonder if this means there's a CCNP Voice and CCNP Security in our future too ;)
    Don't forget during the new logo survey I think they did have those as options -- but it was the logos that looked like bottle caps that still give me nightmares.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My only guess for all of this is that they are trying to play off the acronyms CCNA, CCNP, CCIE as they are the most well known of the lot. In the words of Dylan, “the times they are a changin’.”
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    wastedtime wrote: »
    My only guess for all of this is that they are trying to play off the acronyms CCNA, CCNP, CCIE as they are the most well known of the lot. In the words of Dylan, “the times they are a changin’.”

That would be my guess also. Either that or they just wanted to make it all uniform like the CCIE.

Wonder what will come of the CCIP... CCNP Internetwork?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    4 wireless exams. You'd Have to really be into your wireless stuff to go for that.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net