Options

Thought on Lab portfolio

colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ive been looking around for a lab guide to run through some configs. I came across this on Amazon and wondered if anyone had used this and had any thoughts?

Thanks

CCNP Building Multilayer Switched Networks BCMSN 642-812 Lab Portfolio Cisco Networking Academy Cisco Networking Academy Program: Amazon.co.uk: David Kotfila, Joshua Moorhouse, Christian Price, Ross Wolfson: Books

Comments

• Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I have all 4 of the CCNP lab books and I think they are worth it. I also recommend the command guides. in the back of the lab books there are case studies that do not have configs and the command guide came in handy when i was having a brain fart!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They are recommended by lots of people..... and I don't think anyone who has used any of them has ever said they were a waste of study time.

There have been several previous threads about the various CCNP Lab Portfolio books. Just search the CCNP forums for Lab Portfolio, and from the subject you should be able to tell the actual lab problem discussions from the general How are the Lab Portfolio threads.

This thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/43707-bcmsn-lab-portfolio.html?highlight=BCMSN+Portfolio should point you at the larger BCMSN Lab Portfolio thread.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikej412 wrote: »
    and I don't think anyone who has used any of them has ever said they were a waste of study time.

Okay -- so we got one :D
    hollow666 wrote: »
    I also used the lab portifolo. I found the lab portifolo pretty useless because I just made my own labs.

The Lab Portfolio isn't required to pass the exam. I guess it's for people who want to do "extra credit" to exceed expectations.

The problems and exercises in the books are usually enough to help you pass the exam.

I guess 98% of people who have used the Lab Portfolio books like them and think they are worthwhile. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The BSCI lab portfolio is pretty solid. I worked through every lab and it really helped solidy some topics. There were also some things that I would have overlooked if it wasn't in these labs.

That said, there are numerous typos in the labs. Also, I wish they would have made every lab a "challenge" lab and gave the solutions afterwards. I hated the fact that they gave the solutions as they presented each step.