Options

70-646 - Studying

Well I am on holidays at the moment and having a 2 week break from work and then I will also be getting back into studying for 646. Look to do the exam some time in August at the moment or maybe earlier. Depends on how fast I get through the material.

Have the MS Press book here... looks like a rather large read, but apart from the planning aspect, from the topic's I scanned through, it looks like a lot of 640 and 642 subject mater. Would I be right that 646 is a culmination of the 640 and 642 exams with a implementation point of view added?

Wouldn't mind a little feedback on people who have completed their 646. Wouldn't mind getting this one away and getting an MCITP status.
EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Have the MS Press book here... looks like a rather large read, but apart from the planning aspect, from the topic's I scanned through, it looks like a lot of 640 and 642 subject mater. Would I be right that 646 is a culmination of the 640 and 642 exams with a implementation point of view added?

Yeah, that book is a rather a large read, I found it a little tough to keep going in some areas (way too dull). I have not taken 640 or 642 but I would imagine it is just a culmination of these (as 647 is for the EA). I did not find anything too hard, but there is a fair bit covered which is why I guess the book is so big icon_wink.gif

Good luck.
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    I just finished the MS Press 646 book, and I'm reviewing my notes now. I always get to this point where I've read an entire book, done all the labs, practice tests, etc. - and I feel like I don't know anything! There's such a flood of details...maybe it's brain overload.

I think I need some more hands on. Not sure when I'll test - probably in a couple more weeks. If anyone has any prep guides or anything they can point me to, or any other tips, I'd appreciate it.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would more think of 646 as 624 with a dabling of 643 added in, and a basic how to added in for managing the server's services as well. IMHO. I didn't find 640 overlaping much with it when I took them.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    I would more think of 646 as 624 with a dabling of 643 added in...

624? Or do you mean 642?
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dfosbenner wrote: »
    624? Or do you mean 642?

Yep. Lack of sleep:)
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...