Options

I'M A+ CERTIFIED...I PASSED!!!

skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
I just passed the OS portion of A+ today with a 685. I'm now officially A+ certified. Net+ is next.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I'm taking my OS part Wednesday the 8th. Any good pointers to watch out for?
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats...damn good score! :D
    just did the Core today with passing score...I'm with TeKniques- anything to study more than other?
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    TeKniques wrote:
    Congratulations. I'm taking my OS part Wednesday the 8th. Any good pointers to watch out for?

Know how to make a bootdisk on all version of Windows (CLI & GUI). Know all of the startup files for each version. Ummm...know sysedit, and msconfig. Study the Recovery Console. Nothing else that I can think of right now really stood out to me.

I was suprised I didn't get one question on memory (conventional, upper, high, extended). However that doesn't mean you shouldn't study that. I'm wondering if that was phased out of the 2003 test. I was using an older version of the Michael Myers book (v 4) which still heavily stressed DOS, and memory.

It's nice to have finally passed this exam. I've been planning to take it since ~ 1999, but between school, work, and other random things I always got side tracked. My advice to everyone is, SCHEDULE THE TEST. That's the only thing that finally got me to take it. I just set a date and scheduled the test.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice...I'm like you, have to scheduale the exam, that makes me study because the approaching date will draw near, I won't take the OS till Oct 7th (whatever the first thursday of the month is)...but I'm weak on OS so this will give me plenty of time to hit XP, 2000, 98, ME and 95 just in case. I make look over some Dos- Linux?
  • Options
    Sulblk27 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice...I'm like you, have to scheduale the exam, that makes me study because the approaching date will draw near, I won't take the OS till Oct 7th (whatever the first thursday of the month is)...but I'm weak on OS so this will give me plenty of time to hit XP, 2000, 98, ME and 95 just in case. I make look over some Dos- Linux?

I definitely wouldn't worry about Linux, there's none of that on the test. However, you should look over some DOS commands. There were a few questions on commands and their switches.
  • Options
    Thank you...I have three or four books I will be hitting: win 2000 pro, Beg. guide to A+, PC hardware & upgrade (one chapter) and examCram...however, I do have a win 2000 dos book and win 98 around here somewhere icon_rolleyes.gif ...ok....off to gather more study tools...thanks about the Linux, I only have three books on that OS- couple that with the rest of the books- I would get more confused than I need to be,,, icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats and good luck!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOW, you spanked that test. That is the highest I have seen, took me down with a 605. WOOT Great job!!! :D