Options

Had a interview yesterday :(

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
I had an interview yesterday. It was hard to read the guy to see if he liked me. He told me he had more interviews today and will be calling around Thursday with his top three picks. Then he would have them meet the IT staff and see how they interact. During the interview he didn't really ask me any questions to test my knowledge. All he did was asked me about where I worked at now and what I did and he explained to me about the position. I feel like this job is a perfect match for me. I also sent a thank you letter and had a co-worker who pretty much is my supervisor right a letter of recommendation. I hope I get it.

What do you guys think?
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't get worked up worrying about it. With interviews you never know what someone is going to find that they like or don’t like about a person. Heck, I have had interviews where I was asked no technical questions for two different reasons. First, because they were sure of my credentials. Second, because the interviewer was HR, and really had no clue on computers.

As long as you felt you did your part in the interview, and you gave a follow up letter of thanks, and you grabbed a business card as you left… you should be as good as you can make yourself. That is all you can actually do.

On the other hand, if you felt the position was perfect for you, there is a good chance they will agree. So I would just sit back and wait. Don’t stress. You may get a nice call on Thursday…, which beats my plans for Thursday (a high tech job fair… ick).

GOOD LUCK!
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I understand the feeling of waiting. It is torture. I have an interview on thursday as well so. I hope to hear and give good news on that day :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys. We shall see. Good luck as well.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    one time i had an interview and guy asked me if i was a car what kind of car would i be? I thought it about it.. and i was like wtf in my mind. I told him i would be an acura nsx because its a fast and its a good looking car

then he asked my aspirations and he laughed at me sarcastically when i told him

the job was for installing POS systems...

i didnt get the job but im glad i didnt...

i would be nervous meeeting the IT staff at an interview but thats good you can see who you will be working with on a day to day basis

goodluck
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gifWell hope for the best .. i really like ur idea of the recommendation letter thing and the thanku letter is like the icing on the cake hope it works for u

all th best
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Remember, most hiring managers make an active point to not express emotion. They don't want to lead you in anyway.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's with the sad face? I wish I had an interview yesterday! icon_lol.gif

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It would be so awesome if I got hired. They used linux and windows! I have never worked in a linux shop. So, it would give me so much exposure. I appreciate all the love. They also have more then two people in their IT dept. I feel like I am in a IT sweatshop. Its like we are set to fail over here. I love/hate my current job.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Satcom wrote: »
    one time i had an interview and guy asked me if i was a car what kind of car would i be? I thought it about it.. and i was like wtf in my mind. I told him i would be an acura nsx because its a fast and its a good looking car

then he asked my aspirations and he laughed at me sarcastically when i told him

the job was for installing POS systems...

i didnt get the job but im glad i didnt...

i would be nervous meeeting the IT staff at an interview but thats good you can see who you will be working with on a day to day basis

goodluck

Hah, what is it with interviewers at POS repair businesses? I interviewed with one and the guy was dipping Skoal through the whole thing. I don't know if I didn't get the job because I hadn't ever worked on POS systems or because I flat out told him how rude it was to conduct an interview while constantly spitting in a cup. I'm pretty sure I heard dueling banjos on my way out too. icon_lol.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry about it. It's easy to over analyze job interviews to the point where it drives you crazy. At my current job my manager told me he received over 250 resumes and that most had more experience than I did. At first I was bummed, but I stayed positive throughout the interview and a couple days later he called me and asked if I wanted to start right away. Of course I said yes because now I'm in an entry level sys admin job. Good luck to you and try not to drive yourself nuts!