Options

iPhone Question

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Executive at my work has an iPhone that he synced with his home computer. Now he wants to add the contacts from his old Blackberry (from his work computer because it can't be something easy) to the iPhone without losing current contacts, music, mail, etc. Any programs you guys know of that are good that could do that? Free would be ideal, but paid is fine as long as I can get all the stuff off of it.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    How does he have his contacts saved on both computers?
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If I remember correctly the Blackberry desktop manager lets you export contacts to a neutral format IE CSV
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't know how exactly he set anything up. All I know is he has contacts on the work computer that were from his blackberry (guessing he'd sync that at work) and now wants them on the iPhone. But doesn't want to lose the contacts already on the iPhone that was synced with a home machine. Basically, just being a pain in the butt. The company didn't vett the iPhones before going out and buying a bunch.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Why can't he export his home contacts, then import them to his work PC?
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    Am I the only one who hates when people are too lazy to look up something on their own?

It bugs me when people use their IT staff as a crutch (especially for personal computer use).

"Hey, I want to do <xyz>, can you look up how to do it for me? Learning technology is beneath me and all you're good for is fixing my crappy issues I don't care to solve on my own."

/rant

edit: not directed at the OP or any forum users... was referring to the executive types
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Am I the only one who hates when people are too lazy to look up something on their own?

It bugs me when people use their IT staff as a crutch (especially for personal computer use).

"Hey, I want to do <xyz>, can you look up how to do it for me? Learning technology is beneath me and all you're good for is fixing my crappy issues I don't care to solve on my own."

/rant

edit: not directed at the OP or any forum users... was referring to the executive types

+ 1 , Know what you mean >_< . At my work it mostly NON-SOE devices that they are told wont work or is unsupported but get it anyway and then complain that its not compatible\working. "Drop everything and fix it now", Who cares if you are trying to resolve an issue impacting half the branches in the country..

Sorry bad day here.
    lol.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I don't know how exactly he set anything up. All I know is he has contacts on the work computer that were from his blackberry (guessing he'd sync that at work) and now wants them on the iPhone. But doesn't want to lose the contacts already on the iPhone that was synced with a home machine. Basically, just being a pain in the butt. The company didn't vett the iPhones before going out and buying a bunch.

Don't have enough information yet to really help you, but try: Windows Contacts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia